Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Other Glock should I get?

DocMedic

So I got a glock cert that I've won off the prize table. (Thank you GLOCK for sponsoring FB3G!!! :goof: ) I'm not a huge glock person but do own a G17gen4 for mountain carry and also I use it for the one GSSF match I shoot a year. I would like to use this cert for another glock that will allow me to enter more events for GSSF, but not sure which glock would preform the most of these task that the G17 doesn't already get me in, So i could use a little help on this :)

I really like all of the 9mms. The 34 is my favorite, followed by the 26. The 17L is sweet, too. Not a huge fan of the .40 or .357 but that's just me.

If you were only going to have 2 Glocks, I'd trade the 17 for a 34 for games and use your very for a 10mm for mountain carry.

Since your interested in gssf uses, I look at it this way. You can use the 17 for unlimited, competition, civilian. Can't use it for subcompact, heavy metal or major sub. Thusly, I would get a 45 or 10 mm, just so you can shot the heavy metal division. Might even get a baby 45 which you could use in almost everything

I'd agree with most of what has already been said, but I'm in no way familiar with GSSF rules. That said, the 10mm (G29/20) is not cheap to feed on a regular basis, target ammo is normally around $29.00 for 50 rounds...... reloading will put you in the $12.00 range per 50 round. Big difference and surely something to keep in mind. G34 has become my IDPA gun, and also my favorite Glock to plink with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd agree with most of what has already been said, but I'm in no way familiar with GSSF rules. That said, the 10mm (G29/20) is not cheap to feed on a regular basis, target ammo is normally around $29.00 for 50 rounds...... reloading will put you in the $12.00 range per 50 round. Big difference and surely something to keep in mind. G34 has become my IDPA gun, and also my favorite Glock to plink with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get a G30, you can shoot all divisions except the .380 division with the G30 you'd be competitive in Major Sub, Sub, and Heavy Metal. Using the G17 you can Shoot AmCiv, Master Stock, Competition, and Unlimited.

• 2 weeks later...

HAHA, I guess this a *hint* you want your STI .45 back :roflol:

Not at all. I know where you live and sleep. It is 153 meters from that grassy knoll to your bedroom window.

GAP is an easy caliber to load for and it is a completely different GSSF division to enter.

And, you already have a Glock in 9x19, get something different.