Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breaking it in

Noximus03

Well, after shooting a 2011 Lim gun for over a year, I took the plunge to get back into open and bought a CK Arms 9 major blaster. I loved open when I was running a Glock, but this will be a different world.

I'm wondering from you guys, how many rounds did you run through your new build before you considered it broke in and race ready? Did you shoot a lower PF during your break-in, or did you shoot full PF rounds?

Thanks!

post-25458-0-04089500-1412644182_thumb.j

And clean a 9 major religiously, most of the powders used for them are filthy. Save yourself from lazy induced failures of sort. I tried running mine like my limited guns and it would choke on me , due to me

Thanks, Wayne. I'll be working up a load with AC and my fav 3n37 and see what I get out of her. Wife said she couldnt rack it when it arrived, damn thing is TIGHT! As soon as I get home from Africa and am certified Ebola free, I'll be at the range for a WHILE!

edited for my horrible spelling lest Sarge give give me a lesson.......

Edited by Noximus03

Good info, thanks everyone. Gonna experiment with different powders. AC, 3N37, and 7625 all with 115's and see what happens through the chrono and the comp. I've never shot a gun with holes, but I'm looking forward to this.