Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which are the best stages ever ?

The 2008 trench stage at Benning is one of my favorites. I have shot several house clearing stages at Tapp's matches that were a blast as well as open terrain stages at other matches and cave stages at Rockcastle. It is hard to pick two favorites, even from my limited match experience. Most of my match fun centers around the people that I am shooting with. I have met some nice people and made some good friends over the years.

Hurley

The "Standards" stage at BRM3G at Rock Castle. I don't remember the year but the stage involved all the weapons and the shooters ran the stage as a squad all at once moving forward to each shooting challenge in a skirmish line. No gaming would help on that stage, fundamental shooting skills tested and that was it. Great stage.

The "Standards" stage at BRM3G at Rock Castle. I don't remember the year but the stage involved all the weapons and the shooters ran the stage as a squad all at once moving forward to each shooting challenge in a skirmish line. No gaming would help on that stage, fundamental shooting skills tested and that was it. Great stage.

That reminds me of a stage at one of Tapp's Steel City rifle matches where the entire squad was prone on a platform, shoulder to shoulder, all at the same time. There was a small LED in a cup holder for each shooter, when they announced shooter ready, you looked for your light to come on at the buzzer to see if it was you that was going to shoot. If it wasn't your turn, you had to cover up when the shooting started to keep the dirt out of your eyes and hot brass off of you from the guys to your left. It was around ten steel flashers, I think we shot three strings each and seems like they were fixed time strings. It was challenging.

Hurley

Seeing Sinistral's video of 2009 Stage 7 a while back is what convinced me I have to shoot Ironman one of these years. That may be the single most epic 3-Gun stage I have ever laid eyes on. :)

Edited by CJW

While I will agree that no one likes a buddy Flucker (the somali pirate blind stage) was epic, most of the stages ran in that same general area at the IM for the past few years have been really good. The all shotgun and all pistol stages at RM are also pretty darn cool. The HAH desk crawl from last year also comes to mind.

Sinistral - Sam's stage at Ironman was classic. Not sure that you caught what happened but I went last which meant sitting under the shed while it rained on the squad. When it was my turn to go the majority of the squad took turns dumping (trickling) several gallons of water on my head and face before the buzzer went off. No joke I sat there with the handcuffs on with a hood on my face for about 3 or 4 minutes after the make ready before the buzzer went off.

The Somali pirate stage gets a lot of good press as best stage ever, and for good reason, but I'd also nominate that RO for best walk-thru ever. No script, seemless execution, colorful description, just enough profanity to be taken seriously.

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote for the Standards at Blue Ridge.

The Chinese Wall from Kyle Lamb's old match was a great stage as was "drive by" stage shooting out of the moving minivan.

The "tunnel rat" stage at SOF at Whittington Center with the homemade tunnel and the issued GI flashlight was another great.

The night vision stage at NorthWest Multigun is also up there.

Best 3 gun Stage So Far?

#1 Ironman 2009 Stage 7,

#2 The first time on Stage 4 (The Zip Line)

2009 was our fist year at the MGM Ironman,

Day 1, 6:30 am and as a reward for the Sins of our Youth we got the Zip line first thing in the morning (You have heard rumors about that tower . . . but . . . )

and ended the day on the legendary Somali Pirate stage,

Happily going to matches looking for some one to top Sam's Somali Pirate stage,

Some are as good - Few are as Epic