Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

multiple rifles 1 match ?

What are the rules about using multiple rifles in a single match?

Was talking with someone on a different forum and he wanted to take one AR w/ a scope for distance and use another with a red-dot for up close. . He wants to sign-up in tac-ops division .

Anyone know a ruling on this? Personally I'm using one as my cart is heavy enough as it is

I should have been more specific...not aware of any in Tac-Optics that allow that.

Trooper in Iron-Man and some of the everyone in Open like the Crimson Trace match do allow it, but then everyone is in open, just put a red dot on the scoped rifle.

the couple times I've seen it.. is using a 9mm carbine for the really close stages, then a 223 for longer stages

Why would someone want to use a slower carbine for the close fast stages?

lol.. I asked one.. he said recoil/noise.. but maybe he was running out of .223? or just wanted to shoot more guns?

eta - I think I've also seen a suppressed 9mm on a small stage, switch to the .223 for the long range stage (~400yds)

and these were small club matches

Edited by D.Hayden

the couple times I've seen it.. is using a 9mm carbine for the really close stages, then a 223 for longer stages

recoil? the 9mm ARs I have seen are fast and very easy to control.

recoil? the 9mm ARs I have seen are fast and very easy to control.

The reciprocating mass of the heavy buffer and carrier in the 9mm move the gun more.

Pretty sure the Surefire match in Nov is letting people change guns and gear between stages, like trooper, but without having to carry all your crap. Also the the gear has to stay legal in your division.

That's a neat concept for a match. I wouldn't want to shoot them all like that, but a "one-off" event like you describes sounds cool.

That's actually, IMHO, the beauty of the "outlaw 3-gun" model. Different MDs can experiment and offer different match styles.

Edited by dcloudy777