Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P for 3gun

dhunt91

M&P 5" Pro is a great platform. Just decide what you'll want to change on it before buying since you may be able to get a semi-custom gun built to your specs without having to wait for parts and doing the work. I got mine through Mod1 Firearms in Lexington, Kentucky and it is superb for 3Gun and USPSA. Lightened slide, stippling, Apex, etc.

I shoot 3-gun, USPSA, IDPA, and some steel. I have favored guns for each game / Division but for 3-gun a bone stock M&P Pro 9mm with a self done Burwell trigger job is the ticket. Add some mag extensions and you're good to go. While all the mods like FSS, alum triggers, mag wells, etc. do add to the performance, but for 3-gun I think you're better off spending that money on better rifle optics, or rifle trigger, or 40 rnd rifle mags, or more SG caddies, or SG loading port mods, etc.

In 3-gun time gained by one or two faster pistol reloads with a mag well in a match or faster pistol splits with a lighter trigger is NOTHING to the time gained with good rifle optics & trigger when shooting past 200 yards or avoiding a rifle reload on a 30+ round rifle stage.

If the pistol is a multi use like USPSA Lim or IDPA ESP, add on the goodies but if just for 3-gun use the money else where. Unless you have lots of $$$ then add want ever you want.

YMMV

Edit to add: One necessary reliability mod is the Apex extractor- that is a must have no matter what.

Well Said

I use my Core for limited uspsaand 3 gun mag well and mag extensions installed. I need to buy a 9mm for 3gun but its not going to have a mag well, just mag extensions. spending money on Optics for rifle and gear for loading a shotgun is going to the game changer.

Edited by Tommy3guns

***UPDATE***

Well I started Buying Stuff Today let me know If I missed anything

M&P Pro 5" 9mm 17+1 (178010)

Aluminum FSS Kit

M&P Comp Spring Kit

ESP Magwell

Blade Tech Dropped and Offset Right hand (will be mounted to ELS Fork)

3x CR Speed Versa Pouch (will be mounted to ELS Forks)

Still On The List

2x TTI Black Basepad Kit

2x TTI Mag/Base KIt Combo

Did I miss anything?

Dawson Adjustables or Sevigny Fixed rears FO front sight.

In my opinion the fiber is too big on the factory sight.

Dawson or Talon grip tape or buy a wood burning kit and stipple your grip yourself.

Have fun.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

Gun came in this morning.

Spent the last 6 hours doing parts and maintence and prep

Apex FFS Ally Kit with the COMP springs

Esp mag well

4 tti mags

Tungsten Rod with #13

Modified CR versa pouches for Els clips

Modified Bladetech For Els Clip

And Last but not least Packed everything away for a match on sunday.

First time to shoot will be saturday then On the a 3gun match almost cold.

*** UPDATE PART 2***

Went out to the farm today put 110 rounds through it (100 plinking rounds and 10 match rounds)

Was a bit finicky with the trigger reset on the plinkers but the match rounds ran fine with no problems.

Match in the morning time to put it to the test.

• 2 weeks later...