Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magwell for G19

LegionShooter

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, even if there is one out there I would suspect that it would suck to use since it would probably be choking your hand up on a frame which already barely fits the hand (at least for me it is close to the smallest frame I can get all fingers on)

Yes and no. From my experience, I've used a Carver aluminum magwell on my Gen 3 G19 in the past and it actually made for a nice resting area for my pinky, almost similar feeling to using a G17 mag in the G19 frame with a slip-on grip extension. It actually made grabbing and handling the gun easier with the longer purchase.

That said, if you did want to scrunch your fingers up higher to clear the magwell, then yes you could only get 2 or maybe 3 fingers on the grip if you have smaller hands. On my G19, I removed the finger grooves and undercut the trigger guard a bit so that my 3 big fingers easily fit onto G19 frame with no magwell. However, adding the magwell will take away a half inch at the bottom of the frame, and my pinky would still rest on it.

• 2 weeks later...