Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challange Scoring

Jammer1911

• 2 weeks later...

...the question is, can you use Practiscore to upload scores to the official SC website? Or do you still have to hand-enter them into EZSteel for the "official" results that we have to upload?

I just saw in the latest board meeting minutes:
"Practiscore was reviewed regarding SCSA. Wildcat divisions for Level 1 matches are restricting the ability to upload activity credits for Steel Challenge."

....I wasn't aware that we could upload from PS to SCSA in the first place! Is there something I'm missing? Because I'd LOVE to use PS for SC matches (we already use it for USPSA and Multigun), and NOT have to hand-enter in 70 shooter's worth of SC scores every time we have a match.

...the question is, can you use Practiscore to upload scores to the official SC website?

Yes as long as it's the iOS version of PractiScore you can. The Android version doesn't currently have this ability. On the iOS version you create the report and email it to yourself. Once you've done that you upload it and pay the fee and you're good to go.

I just saw in the latest board meeting minutes:

"Practiscore was reviewed regarding SCSA. Wildcat divisions for Level 1 matches are restricting the ability to upload activity credits for Steel Challenge."

This is an issue I discussed with the BoD when I wrote to them about the production optics proposal. One AD wrote back and said that Steel Challenge permitted Wildcat divisions, which it does per the rules. What wasn't included was based on what I was told that including results from Wildcat divisions was a real headache for the USPSA staff. When the iOS version of PractiScore was going through the beta cycle I tried to create a report using a Wildcat division and PractiScore wouldn't permit it. While I can see how being able to have your own divisions would make for a fun match I can also see the headaches it would cause USPSA. I personally think with the Steel Challenge rule re-write that Wildcat divisions will be removed.

I've uploaded at least two months worth of match results using the activity/results generated by the iOS version of PractiScore it works like a champ. I've uninstalled EzSteel as I no longer have any need for it.

...the question is, can you use Practiscore to upload scores to the official SC website?

Yes as long as it's the iOS version of PractiScore you can. The Android version doesn't currently have this ability. On the iOS version you create the report and email it to yourself. Once you've done that you upload it and pay the fee and you're good to go.

Any info or tips on this? At the beginning of the season our MD contacted SCSA/USPSA about this and it was still in process. I've been helping out doing the scoring. To date we've just uploaded results to practiscore.com. We only have one more match left this season but we'd be interested in reporting results for next year.

Any info or tips on this? At the beginning of the season our MD contacted SCSA/USPSA about this and it was still in process. I've been helping out doing the scoring. To date we've just uploaded results to practiscore.com. We only have one more match left this season but we'd be interested in reporting results for next year.

It's actually very easy to do. If you don't have the match setup on the iOS device set up a new match and then sync to the device that has all of the information from the match. (Note: as far as setting up the match just create a new match. You don't have to add shooters, stages, etc. that will come over in the sync). Most likely you're going to need to make the following changes after syncing to the iOS device.

1 - Go into build stages and make sure classifier is enabled for the stage if it's an official stage. Also if it is a classifier and it shows SC-105 for Accelerator change the classification code from SC-105 to just 105. The iOS version automatically puts SC- in front of the classifier code.

2 - Go into Shooters and scroll down to the bottom where you'll find Match Divisions. Tap that and make sure your match divisions are setup as follows:

OPN for Open

LTD for Limited

ISR for Iron Sight Revolver

OSR for Optic Sight Revolver

PROD for Production

SS for Single Stack

RFPI for Rimfire Pistol Irons

RFPO for Rimfire Pistol Optic

RFRI for Rimfire Rifle Irons

RFRO for Rimfire Rifle Optic

You may need to add the above divisions and plan to use them from now on.

Next go back to View Results -> Activity/Classifier Report, Fill in match name and club code. Make sure you get the club code exactly right. Tap Match tier and select Tier 1. Next Tap Preview. Expect PractiScore to complain about invalid divisions. There's a way to fix them in bulk but I don't remember the steps off the top of my head. I'll send you a PM with my email address. If you want send me the match export file and I'll use it to document the steps to correct the divisions. I know it sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't.

Once you get everything corrected go back in and tap Preview. If everything is fixed you'll see a screen with the report. Tap the button in the upper right hand corner and select Email to email yourself the file. Once you have the file you log onto the steel challenge web site and upload it and pay the match fee.

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually very easy to do. If you don't have the match setup on the iOS device set up a new match and then sync to the device that has all of the information from the match. (Note: as far as setting up the match just create a new match. You don't have to add shooters, stages, etc. that will come over in the sync). Most likely you're going to need to make the following changes after syncing to the iOS device.

1 - Go into build stages and make sure classifier is enabled for the stage if it's an official stage. Also if it is a classifier and it shows SC-105 for Accelerator change the classification code from SC-105 to just 105. The iOS version automatically puts SC- in front of the classifier code.

2 - Go into Shooters and scroll down to the bottom where you'll find Match Divisions. Tap that and make sure your match divisions are setup as follows:

OPN for Open

LTD for Limited

ISR for Iron Sight Revolver

OSR for Optic Sight Revolver

PROD for Production

SS for Single Stack

RFPI for Rimfire Pistol Irons

RFPO for Rimfire Pistol Optic

RFRI for Rimfire Rifle Irons

RFRO for Rimfire Rifle Optic

You may need to add the above divisions and plan to use them from now on.

Next go back to View Results -> Activity/Classifier Report, Fill in match name and club code. Make sure you get the club code exactly right. Tap Match tier and select Tier 1. Next Tap Preview. Expect PractiScore to complain about invalid divisions. There's a way to fix them in bulk but I don't remember the steps off the top of my head. I'll send you a PM with my email address. If you want send me the match export file and I'll use it to document the steps to correct the divisions. I know it sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't.

Once you get everything corrected go back in and tap Preview. If everything is fixed you'll see a screen with the report. Tap the button in the upper right hand corner and select Email to email yourself the file. Once you have the file you log onto the steel challenge web site and upload it and pay the match fee.

Hope this helps!

That is exactly what I needed. (Been looking at the output, was thinking I was going to have to add the SC code for the stages myself in the csv file afterward, the above will fix it.)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...