Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If you were going to buy an sp01 shadow ?

magpulled

I think CZ Custom, and Cajun Gun Works are both top notch!! I use CZ Custom but that is where I bought my gun. Customer service at both is very good from what I've heard. Not a lot of upgrades needed is you are getting the shadow. Others will have better ideas but 13lb main spring, comp hammer, pre b disco, and ext firing pin/spring are what I did to mine.

Easy guns to work on, enjoy!!

Matt Mink at Automatic Accuracy: http://automaticaccuracy.net/

Send your gun to him. I have been able to feel a difference in guns that he has worked on compared to others and the double action is noticeably smoother in a Mink tuned gun.

This is what I would do. I would buy the gun from him, have a full trigger job and short reset trigger put in it.

If I were going too buy another one I would do the same thing as I did for the first one. Call Stuart at CZC and put my name on the list for the SP01 Shadow Custom. No additional mods are necessary. I picked CZC over the others because they are local to me.

^ This is what I'm thinking of doing. It's going to be my first full dust cover CZ and I'm thinking its kind of a buy once, cry once deal just getting the custom from CZC. I have a little bit of time to save up and throw around some other ideas to make sure this is the right way to go, but it seems to make the most sense to me.

You can't go wrong with any of the gunsmiths above. I would recommend reaching out to David at Cajun Gunworks he has great customer service, will answer any questions you have and does top notch work. Below is my recommended list of parts and labor if you go through David at GGW. Notable item on the list is the type 3 dis-connector which needs to be hand fit. The labor to hand fit the dis-connector plus modify the sear for shorter rest was $50 of the $150. I also went with the 8.5lbs hammer spring which with polishing and tuning from David resulted in a 4lbs DA and 1lbs 12oz SA but limits you to Federal primers. Totally worth it :cheers:

Labor $150.00

UL-DA/NFPB $39.00

11-RS $6.00

RP-TRS $7.00

TR-PIN $13.00

H-PINx2 $5.00

Hammer Kit PN: 10040 $115.00

S-Spacer $1.50

1486/T3 $38.00

PERFECT SS guide rod $22.00

Front Site 050-390 $39.00

CZC Comp Rear site Item# 10099 $45.00