Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best I phone shot timer ?

BOOM

I use the Sure-Fire Shot Timer on an old iPhone, but it isn't available anymore. On my newer phone I have the "Free Shot Timer" by Innovative Applications, but I haven't used it enough to properly evaluate the app. I'm too cheap to pay for the others.

Thank you for your response ; Dry fire practices was the main goal for using the phone APP. Tried one of the free ones available last night, but it would not pick up dry fire thinking it might only pick up live. A good shot timer phone APP that will pick up dry fire sound would be worth paying for, if ones out there.

If you are looking for a timer to pick up a dry fire click I think the CED airsoft model is about the only option. But it won't work for live fire. My question is why bother needing a timer to hear your click? I mean dry fire drills are typically done to par times. Unless you are shooting a double action gun all you'd be recording is the time to first shot. A pretty small data set all things considered.

I think a good plan of action would be to buy a good timer such as the CED7000 use it for par time dry fire training. It even has a reduced volume mode for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the Free Shot Timer app by Innovative Applications. I used it before I got a CED 7000 and it worked alright. It was a bit annoying to have to fiddle with the sensitivity all the time (not sure if this was just because of my Iphone case). I only use it now if I forget the CED at home. The CED 7000 is smaller than my Iphone and works loads better. I'd say the app is a good backup, but I think spending the money on a stand-alone unit is well worth it.