Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2005 Point Series

Carmoney

OK wheelgunners, let's play the Point Series game this year! They re-did the rules to make it easier to participate if you're not able to travel as much--check it out on the members section of the website, and discussions elsewhere on this forum. Sounds like the pay-back might be enhanced a little with the new system, too.

You gotta pay $100 to sign up (it'll only sting for a second or two), but then no separate match fees for the rest of the year.

I just signed up at the USPSA store this morning, to make sure I'm hooked in before the Florida Open--you should too!

Mike

beat-ya-to-it Mike.

i signed up last week. looking forward to a match-filled year.

dan

Not sure how that is possible. The 2005 point series policies were put in place at the board meeting in Atlanta 4 days ago, and the on-line signup for 2005 had been active for only 2 days.

Rob,

i signed-up on last Fri ( 1/14 ) with Stacey @ USPSA.

i just spoke with her again today and she said a few things changed dollar-wise since my signup last week and confirmed the changes with me. She has to notify some other early signups too ( about the policy changes ).

Dan

Mike ,

im sure i'll find out sooner or later.

BTW, last week when i signedup, it was $10 to register @ USPSA ( once)

and $10 additionally at the match level. Today i find out its $100 flat fee, no added cost at matches. So they need to charge my credit card another $90 for the policy change. Fine with me.

Dan

Question regarding the payouts...

I get the 20% to USPSA, 20% to High in Division, but what is the 60% to class?

Take Revolver for instance (naturally) - does that mean 20% to the high overall in revolver and then 20% to each of the other three classes in revolver?

If a guy is A Class in revolver and wins high overall do they pay him the 20% and then pay out 20% to the highest in B,C,D class?

OR if high overall was in B Class they would pay him 20% and then pay out 20% to A, C, D Class?

This is how it was explained to me in the past...

If you are A class...

20 bucks go to USPSA

20 bucks go to overall

60 bucks go to A class

If you are only A class then you get all 80 bucks back if you win overall plus the 20 bucks per person in all the other classes.

If there are 2 A class and you win A class only then you get 120 bucks if the overall winner isn't the other A class

so basicly it is like this:

Win your class you get 60 bucks per person in the class

Win the overall you get 20 bucks per person only.... unless you are the only one in your class then you get your 60 bucks back too.

so if there are lots of B class shooters (like this year) and you win overall you get 20 bucks from everyone but the 2nd B class wins the Class and he get 60 bucks per person in B class.

Oh yea, if you go up in class the money follows you into the next class.

HOPE that makes the water more muddy.

SAM

BUT High overall gets a "special Trophy" :wub:

So if I read the rules right, there are only 900 points up for grabs right? And with Jerry shooting the nationals only about 320 pts (80% seems to be the highest with him shooting) possible for the rest of the revo crowd, I don't think it would be benifical to Jerry to join the points series, since he's the only one in GM division and he would get a wopping 60 buck for the division win. The battle would be to see how could be closest to 820 points to win the series for revolver. It's good to be a B class shooter

Hey Cliff W. you might what sando to get your classificaion fixed, since 72% is not a A class.

Hey John,

I was put into A based on my finish at the nationals. I shot an A% of Jerry (76). I am not good at the classifiers and would have had a hell of a time making A that way. I think I am where I should be. I was very surprised that anyone at the front office noticed anything in the revolver division. They pay so little attention that they even screwed up the awards at the nationals and even after the mistake was pointed out during the ceremony, it still was not fixed. Two guys walked out empty handed that should have received plaques.

Ps. If jerry were to enter and win overall, he would get $20 for everyone who enters. 10 shooters, $200 + the $60 for being the only GM. Not bad if he was going to the matches anyway.

Cliff