Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First compitition rifle build

Dustint21

I am almost finished with my first 3 gun rifle build.

Lancer lower

CMC trigger

Moe fixed stock

Moe+ grip

Vltor upper

18" nordic barrel

SJC comp

RCA BCG

Syrac adjustable gas block

15" MI Keymod handguard

Larue mount

Swarovski 1-6

5 shot group at 50 yards off the bed of the truck. I think the rifle will do its part, now I just have to do mine...

post-55290-141031000532_thumb.jpg

post-55290-141031002561_thumb.jpg

post-55290-141031005887_thumb.jpg

Nice set up

whats the weight like on it?

Lomos parts?

Thank you!

I haven't put it on a scale. I will tomorrow. Yes the BCG is a lomos RCA. I am using a rifle buffer with no weights inside.

Edited by Dustint21

Probably reciprocating mass. I'm sure that adjustable key weighs more than a standard one... which might explain why the RCA "lightened" BCG is actually only barely lighter than a mil spec BCG. An adjustable gas block will add nothing to the reciprocating mass.

While I understand your logic, I have to disagree with your facts. Advertised JP LMOS carrier weight is 6.25oz with key, RCA light carrier with adjustable key or standard key is advertised at 6.8oz while most mil spec carriers I'm aware of are between 9.5-10.5oz. That's all from memory so I could be wrong but I would say that the RCA is significantly lighter than mil spec and probably not noticeably heavier than the JP. Also the only difference between the standard and adjustable key is a hole drilled in the back then filled back up with two small screws so I can't see how it would differ much weight wise. That said the adjustable key seems to be an unproven system while gas blocks seem to work these days.

A lot of rifles want to be your rifle when they grow up. Any reason you went with the adjustable gas block instead of the adjustable gas key that RCA offers?

I went with the gas block because I haven't heard or seen enough on adjustable key yet. I also like the fact the the GB is easy to adjust. No need to pull the BCG to make adjustments.