Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For New Scope!

dhunt91

Also what about Leopolds fire dot 1-6

I run a VX-6 multi-gun/firedot SPR. It seems like the 'dot' (very small, ~1/3rd MOA) is in the first focal plane, definitely daylight visible+.

The reticle is perhaps it's downfall, for some people...using 2.5mil markings means your first mark down from center is ~450yards, second at ~600yards.

Our stages range from close in/hoser through ~350yards, and I have no problems at all with the optic at those ranges. The outer circle perfectly frames a man-sized target side to side at 50yards, and along with the very daylight-visible dot, does a good job at drawing your eye to where it should be.

The 2.5mil markings, circle etc, do allow to use the optic for some amount of ranging (although realistically, how many of us are ranging as we're shooting a stage??), it's well-made, and has the Gold guarantee w/Leupold. In an ideal world, I'd like to see 1mil sub tensions added, at least on the lower vertical and inside the circle horizontally, but I'm pretty happy with the optic. I love the auto off/on feature, as well - I'll usually turn it on at the start of a match, then just don't worry about it - it'll shut off sitting in the cart, and be ready to go the second I pick it up for my run.

Scopes come and go. I've tried many and the best advice I can give you is to save your pennies, have a garage sale, and eat at home! The dollars you save can be added to the funds you have now and before Xmas of this year you could own a Leupold MK6 1-6 w/ a CMR-W. It is a scope that will last you a lifetime. In 10-years your will be glad that you did because by then you will be dollars ahead. :cheers: Yes, Leupold is on my shirt!.

I got a Mk6 1-6 with that reticle and I am loving it. Having never used any magnified optics ever there is a training deficiency with me. Once I got it zero'd at 50yds, the reticle performed as advertised, I was 1-2 shotting 300yd+ targets if I was doing my fundamentals properly.