Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For New Scope!

dhunt91

Hey all I am still new to 3 gun but am looking to upgrade my scope since the range Im using focus's more on accuracy instead of hoser stages.

Been Using a Burris Tac 30 so far and while I really do like this scope I want something with a little more top end options

Ie. 1-6 or 1-7

I do like bdc reticles but all suggestions will be considered carefully.

Any suggestions? What are some of the top guys running?

trying to stay at or under 1k

Thanks guys keep them coming

I have been eyeing that thread for a bit, more so since the guy is about 30 min from my house but I want to get my new ar finished first lol.

If you haven't picked the one you want before the next Old School 3 Gun match, ask to look at everyone's glass. We all like to show off our gear. Ask around for Jake. I should be there. If Jerry is there you'll be able to look at his too.

Dhunt91,

I would second the Bushnell in the classified; that is a GREAT PRICE!!! I paid 35 dollars less for the same scope a week ago. I did very well last weekend on the rifle stage due to that scope....I chose it due to the simple reticle. Again, the Vortex recommended by others is a good choice as well. I looked through a friends PA 1-6x and I liked it, but the reticle felt too busy for me. Happy scope hunting....the choices are endless:)

Vortex Razor 1-6X JM-1 reticle

I agree with this. There are lots of 1-4x options that would be great if they had a decent reticle. Reticle design is the deal breaker for me on most of the rest of the scopes that I considered.

The JM-1 is as close to perfect as it gets for 3-gun. Some say they would like wind holds but I don't think I have ever held off the steel and if I needed to I can always use strelok and dial before the stage.

The 6x mag, daylight bright illum and great glass are bonuses but the reticle makes it superb. Only knock I can see is that it is heavy. But if that translates to great durability I will take heavy and tough over light and breakable.

Another vote for the Vortex Razor 1-6. I've tried a LOT of 3-gun scopes, including the Swaro Z6I BRT, and the Razor 1-6 is easily the best scope I've ever used.

Disclaimer - I'm sponsored by Vortex but had spent my own money for my first Razor before they ever offered me sponsorship.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

Scopes come and go. I've tried many and the best advice I can give you is to save your pennies, have a garage sale, and eat at home! The dollars you save can be added to the funds you have now and before Xmas of this year you could own a Leupold MK6 1-6 w/ a CMR-W. It is a scope that will last you a lifetime. In 10-years your will be glad that you did because by then you will be dollars ahead. :cheers: Yes, Leupold is on my shirt!.

Edited by Sterling White

The swfa is nice but the illumination is not day light bright and the eye box is very unforgiving at Max magnification. The reticle is great and I loved the ffp though. I sold it in favor of the Burris 1.5-8. It's daylight bright, good reticle, and only weighs 1oz more.

I picked up a Burris XTRII 1-5 based on some of the discussion on this and other forums. I could not be happier. The glass is very clear and as anyone will say, the illumination is more than daylight bright. For me, the scope was not at all sensitive to eye position at 5x. I'm a left eye dominant shooter and I have zero problems using this scope right handed on 1x with both eyes open. The combination of clear glass and illumination keep my eye focused very well.