Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tired this Scope

dhunt91

While I do not have any experience with that scope or even that brand...I would caution anyone looking to run "cheap scopes" that they are not cheap~!

How??? IF you travel to a major event you will have no less than a 600 to 800 bucks invested...Now your bargain basement scope goes TU...I bet you would gladly pay another 200 to 400 for that scope to keep working...So just save that amount and buy better glass!

OR...Run Irons for less $ or a red dot!

Sightmark is just plain cheap stuff. I have run one of their red dot magnifiers, and that was okay, but I wouldn't really trust a scope with that brand. If your budget is really that tight, for not too much more than that you could try to get the Primary Arms 1-6x scope. While inexpensive, it seems to be made pretty well. Check the threads here; several people have gotten them for primary or backup rifles. I have used one at several matches without issue. A little over $300 with a decent mount, and just in a different class, apparently, from all the other inexpensive glass...

i agree with all the comments posted . don't go cheap .this one is.

in this price range, i'd go with redfield (cheapo leopold) or something nikon.

however, if you're big into target shooting , i'd refrain from even thinking about getting something in this class. depending of what caliber it's gonna ride over, i'd spend at least 600 for a decent scope who will last more than a 100 rounds if you're lucky .

the conquest series from zeiss, or a mid end nikon......

you should always spend more on the optic than on the gun ; i use either nightforce or sightron. i like my spendings to last....

my job makes me witnessing what money spilled looks alike. cheap scopes are the best way to trash your money ; and my everyday job is outdoor range manager. just today, i zero'ed 28 rifles of all brand and quality. i can tell you the optic is something neglected largely and is the source of deception of many gun owners

Edited by sigsauerfan