Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help secure my Blade-Tech holster on the belt

acpie360

I ordered a DOH style holster and a set of competition belt from Blade-Tech couple weeks ago. The package finally came in and I noticed the duty loop installed on the holster seems too loose to fit the belt.

bt_duty_front.jpg

bt_duty_rear.jpg

In the past, I have ordered the DOH style holster with the ASR loop, which works pretty good with my other setup. I think I probably ordered the wrong part this time. However, is there a remedy for this?

Make a shim from a piece of flexible plastic and place under the belt, inside the holster loop.

Also, drill and tat the top of the loop to accept 2 set screws.

HPIM1362.jpg

The added bonus of the set screws is that the holster is locked to the belt and doesn't slide.

in my opinion, the ASR is way better (than both duty loop and teklok) for holsters as it spreads the weight out more with two contact points.

ASR and tek lok's come with spacers, guess the duty loop doesn't, or perhaps they were missing?

Which way is it loose -top/bottom or thickness? If top bottom, try inserting a zip tie underneath the belt before you tighten it down then trim off the excess tail of the zip tie. If the width of the belt is too thin I agree with the idea of building up the thickness with some velcro hook.

• 4 weeks later...