Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can ship hi cap mags to Cali?

I member just pay paled me money for sone hi cap mags, I told him before he paid that I wouldn't sell to a state that didn't allow me to

So he pays me then he tells me hrs in Cali?

I'm thinking this is a no no

as far as I know law enforcement can have hi cap mags with a permit/letter other than that it is a no go.

Would you know how there supposed to prove that, bc he said he's law enforcement but the whole deal seems fishy

If you're not comfortable with the transaction, don't go thru with it.

You can get more info at the calguns wiki about the magazine discussion but in the end it's up to you if you want to go thru with the deal or not.

I guess it seems all the company's that sell them won't ship to Cali, so I guess he's out of luck, it's just a pain in the ass now I have to let the paypal clear, then reimburse him...freakin idiot

I member just pay paled me money for sone hi cap mags, I told him before he paid that I wouldn't sell to a state that didn't allow me to

So he pays me then he tells me hrs in Cali?

I'm thinking this is a no no

Absolutely illegal to import hi cap mags to cali unless on a PO for law enforcement. I think it is still technically legal to import "rebuild kits" to kali (take the mag apart) but the end user commits a felony when he puts it back together. Check that last one because they passed a law to plug that loophole and I am not sure when it goes into effect. Cali DOJ finally got fed up with idiots on Calguns selling guns with eight "high capacity rebuild kits" with mags that have he follower and spring pulled out. Anyway, in general, it is strictly illegal for private citizens to import hi caps to cali.

as far as I know law enforcement can have hi cap mags with a permit/letter other than that it is a no go.

Would you know how there supposed to prove that, bc he said he's law enforcement but the whole deal seems fishy

Has to be purchased on proper paperwork from his department. Had an LE busted a while back for using it to get mags for his personal guns.

He should have a letter stating that he can legally own hi cap mags.

Owning them is legal in all cities except Sunny vale and San Fran, it's importing them that's illegal. Also, transferring possession (by any means) between people is strictly illegal. You can't even lend one to somebody for five minutes at the range.

Looks like he is LE and seems to think its legal so I'm sending them to his department then they can deal with it hopefully I'm fine, from what I've been told from my ffl it's his job to know his state laws not mine...