Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recipe for using WSH

kuletchi1

Looking for recipes. Purchased Winchester Super Handicap by mistake. Somebody said that it can be used for loading pistol ammo. Just trying to use what I have. Have different grains of bullets. Anything would help.

I was down to my last pound of N320, so bought some Winchester Super Handicap. It's dense, powerful stuff.

Here's what I got:

Powder: SHDCP

Load: 2.9 grains

Bullet: 147 gn X-treme plated

COL: 1.142

Gun: Glock 34 (Lone Wolff barrel)

Vel: 870 fps average (3.2 grains produced a 905 fps average)

Let me know how it works for you. I found a bare minimum of pistol loading data for this powder, thought did find a report by someone who called Hogdon and was told it "had no pistol applications."

But it's working for me, at least in the midst of a shortage that has made it largely impossible to get the other powders.

• 5 years later...
8 hours ago, zebcoboy said:

Look up "Loading 9mm with Super Handicap" this forum. I just finished working up two loads with SHC

and it worked great.

You do realize that the last post in this thread, before you posted yours, was 6 years ago, right?

2 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

You do realize that the last post in this thread, before you posted yours, was 6 years ago, right?

No I did not notice but I just wanted to get it out there anyway. The switch to SHC was a real problem solver for me.

Thanks Grumpyone.

It may be like Hodgdon International Clays. They don’t give metallic load data for it because it spikes quickly. I tried IC in the 45 ACP and it was all over the place. But if you can get WSH to work go for it as it’s in a good burn range. Keep us informed.