Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Newbie

zhunter

I'm running scenarios on a master and slave to see how things work. I have a couple of questions.

We are running our first match as a new club that will soon become USPSA affiliated, but presently is not. Does this make any differences for using Practiscore?

1) When using "Shooters/Squads" to register shooters and email address is entered, so can this email address be used to email results from the "Match Results", or do I have to re-enter email addresses when I hit the forward tab on the top right of the "Match Results -Combined" page?

What is the best way to email results if not as described above?

2) can I use Practiscore online registration prior to being affiliated? If so how do I get that set up?

3) If I wasn't to use paper then upload manually to master, I would just set it up as one paper target and set it for 24 hits to emulate 12 targets, but it looks like I can only have a maximum of 15 "A's", is there a way to correct this?

More questions to come

Edited by zhunter

1) Currently email addresses are not used for emailing of anything. The easiest is to upload results to practiscore.com and let everyone visit the web site. Newly uploaded results are always on top and you can filter list by the club name (or club code), especially if you put your club name into the name of your matches.

The only real significance of emails is when you're adding walk-ins so the app will use email (or uspsa#, or phone number) to differentiate shooters with the same first and last name

2) Yes you can. Email support@practiscore.com

3) Are you using ios or android app? The latter doesn't have any restrictions on per-target round count. For the former you can email support@practiscore.com Though the app never been intended to be used like that. I only suggested it as a workaround in a certain situation.

• 2 weeks later...

We ran a 1 stage practice match today as a test for our inaugural 6 stage match on Sept 20th

I hit "Post to Practiscore.com" and it shows as sent, but I'm not seeing it on the results page.

Match was called OK Corral Test

I was at some point, can't remember, asked for a Club ID. I either do not know where to find it or don't have one yet. We are in the process of applying for USPSA affiliation, is Club ID your club's USPSA ID?

Did you do the upload from Android or iOS device? If you didn't do it using the iOS device I would recommend you try uploading using it. The iOS version of PractiScore generates additional result HTML files then the Android version currently does. I just looked at the results page and searched for your match but couldn't find it. I would think you could enter anything you wanted into the Club ID field given that you're not a affiliated club yet. I suppose you could try something like FL999 and see what happened.

I used an Android Stage Slave, uploaded scores to my iOS Master, then sent scores to Practiscore.com

But see no results

Still no results. Dumb question but did you have internet access at the time? Our range wifi is local access only. Try uploading them again.

Something to keep in mind is how you want to manage the tablets at the stage. At our club USPSA assigns a tablet to a squad and you take the tablet between stages. For Steel Challenge we assign the tablet to the bay and it stays there. I prefer to leave the tablet at the stage. That way if something bad happens at most I lose one stage versus losing scores for one squad. During the steel match we do pull scores very often. When I'm not shooting I'm pulling scores or tending to other things like shuttling shooters between stages or passing out water, etc.

Z, NO, please don't do that!

If the score collection device travels with a squad and there is an issue, such as the device being damaged, struck by lightning, shot, lost to a swamp, etc. that squad is SOL for the match. Leave the device on the stage. Should something go horribly wrong with the device and the scores be un-recoverable, you only lose one stage of the match. You lose it for everyone, but everyone gets a match score.

If the score collection device travels with a squad and there is an issue, such as the device being damaged, struck by lightning, shot, lost to a swamp, etc. that squad is SOL for the match. Leave the device on the stage. Should something go horribly wrong with the device and the scores be un-recoverable, you only lose one stage of the match. You lose it for everyone, but everyone gets a match score.

Cool, makes total sense.

Thanks and will do

Jim,

I'm only the MD for steel challenge where we leave the device at the stage. USPSA matches are run by other guys.