Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the Shadow SA/DA and/or SP-01 Shadow the best sub-$1k?

EatsEverything

Question say I get the Shadow Custom 91715 for $800 and then do the work to get it with same features, grips, etc of the 75 SP01 Custom 91030 for $1300+ would I save any money? If I sent it in to CZC or CGW wouldn't I be pretty close to $1300? maybe I would save a little if I did it myself but not sure I want to tackle that project.

I am thinking just bite the bullet and order the 91030 for $1300!

Is my reasoning sound? Do you guys agree or disagree?

They're two different guns. The Shadow Custom 2014 is based off of the 75 B, whereas the SP-01 Custom is based off of the SP-01. You can't make one into the other.

I understand one is rail and one no rail but he SP 01 Shadow Custom is like $1300 because it has a lot more internal custom work. There are so many models and options my head is spinning being that I am new to CZ's. I need to make some calls to CZC and CGW this week.

It goes something like this, burt: there are two Shadow lines that you can follow. One is based on the 75 B (no rail), and the other is based on the SP-01 (rail). While the modifications may seem similar on both sides, you can't cross over from one line to the other.

75B

The top end of the 75 B line are the Accu Shadow LITE (91736) and Shadow Custom 2014 (91715), which are offered by CZ Custom. i believe Automatic Accuracy can also assemble them, using CZC parts.

The mid-range 75 B's are the Shadow SA/DA (91705) and Shadow SA (91711),

SP-01

The top end of the SP-01 line are the CZC Accu Shadow (91735) and the CZ Accu Shadow (97130). The latter is the one offered on the CZ USA site and arguably considered a "production" gun.

These guns are based on a SP-01 Shadow Custom (91029) pistol that cannot be found on the site. My guess is it's been replaced by the SP-01 Shadow Custom 2014 (91030). About the same level as the SP-01 Shadow Custom 2014, you have the SP-01 Shadow Target (91159), which has an adjustable rear sight and additional polishing.

One step down from them is the SP-01 Shadow (91154).