Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cajunized Shadow Custom!

brisix

I have a Shadow Custom I received from the Custom Shop in November 2013. I use it for USPSA Production and IDPA SSP. Its a great gun but after reading several posts here and talking with David at Cajun Gun Works I wanted to have it tweaked to get the most out of the trigger. Before I sent it to CGW it had 8lbs 2oz DA and a 3lbs 5oz SA. I had David add his 11.5# hammer spring, trigger return spring, extended firing ping, firing pin spring and .095 front sight post. The trigger is smooth as silk and now has a 5lbs 15oz DA and a 2lbs 10oz SA. I also bought the 8.5 lbs hammer to try out and see what kind of trigger it will achieve. I wish CGW comp hammer was USPSA and IDPA legal because I can imagine it would give me a few more ounces over the CZC hammer.

It was worth the wait. The trigger is AMAZING!!! David is very professional and customer service is spectacular. My next gun purchase will be a second Shadow as a back up. If I can every find a factory shadow. I will send it to David to do his magic and create one heck of a competition ready gun. I also plan on getting a couple of Cajunized P-01 for EDC and car carry. One for me and one for the wife. I wonder if David can make the P-01 pink for her.

Here's a good one to build your backup with (not an SP01, but a Shadow none the less):

http://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa/cz-75-shadow-9mm-custom-shop-sa-da-91705.html

Here's a P-01 in stock for your carry/gun pistol:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/13658

Edited by razorfish

Range Report

Had my first chance to take my Shadow to the range. The .095 front post made target acquisition simpler and I overall felt faster shooting and transitioning. The DA was effortless compared to before and made draws simpler.

As for primers Winchester through 230 rounds were 100% reliable. S&B did not fair so well. 7 light primer strikes out of 96. 5 of the light primers happened in a string of 36 rounds. I expected I would have to move to Winchesters with the 11.5 lbs hammer. As soon as I can get some federal primers for a good price I will try the 8.lbs hammer and report back.

Overall I am very pleased with my updated shadow. The new trigger and front site post made everything easier and I felt noticeable faster.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had a chance to test the trigger with different hammer springs. I also found that Frog-lube lowers the trigger pull after application, 8oz on the DA and 4.8oz on the SA. All numbers below are using a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge and are 10 pull averages.

Original CZC Custom trigger with 13lbs hammer spring: 8lbs 2oz DA and a 3lbs 5oz SA

After David with CGW with 11.5lbs hammer spring: 5lbs 15oz DA and 2lbs 10oz SA

11.5lbs Hammer Spring with Frog-lube: 5lbs 5.5oz and SA 2lbs 2.4oz

8.5lbs hammer spring: DA 4lbs and SA 1lbs 12.1oz

I tested the 13lbs hammer from CZC to get an idea what polishing from David and his trigger return spring can do: DA 6lbs 11.5oz and SA 2lbs 3.9oz

I just place d my order with CZ Customs for a 75 shadow (will be first CZ) and having the short reset installed before it is sent. was told 8 weeks out :-(

Giving up limited shooting and just shooting Production and SSP. want to be intimate and monogamous with just one trigger.. Soon to have a block 35 and 34 for sale

Just not ready to give up my ESP STI Spartan yet, love the trigger

I just place d my order with CZ Customs for a 75 shadow (will be first CZ) and having the short reset installed before it is sent. was told 8 weeks out :-(

Giving up limited shooting and just shooting Production and SSP. want to be intimate and monogamous with just one trigger.. Soon to have a block 35 and 34 for sale

Better read the new IDPA Rules.

Better read the new IDPA Rules.

he said 75 shadow, not accu-shadow.

Actually I think the short-rail accu would still be legal in esp.

• 2 weeks later...