Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Something really cool just happened

Sam

She started shooting the little air rifle whe she was 4. She had to hold it under her arm pit because the stock was too long. I've never pushed her about shooting at all, it's something we do together for fun. Today we went plinking with our .22s, me with my pistols and her with her Ruger 10-22.

So, I'm just letting her load her own mags and do her thing while I stand back and keep things safe. She started whacking the plate rack from about 17 yards and I noticed that it sounded pretty quick. So, I asked her if she would like to make a run with the timer. "Sure Dad!" Starting with the gun up and aimed, she ran a 3.85 with one mike! I think the beep got to her the way it gets to everyone. So, I explained in my best BE imitation how she should just concentrate on doing everything correctly and forget about the time. She ran the next four runs in the low fours totally clean. She's only been a four position accuracy shooter until today. Now she's showing a different side, a young Racer X with a death ray! Yeah, that's my kid! B)

I need to start breeding so I can have kids that shoot too! :lol:

Oh good lord what have you done Sam?

Lock up the wimmen...Rhino is looking to...errr...uhhh...procreate!

But on a more serious note:

Around these parts Junior shooters are next to non-existant and female Juniors are non-existant. This isn't good.

Thanks for the kind replies everyone! It's very enjoyable to have fellow shooters to share these events with. :P

I surprised her with a trip to see the "Sponge Bob" movie last night. (Either David Hasselhoff's career is in serious decline or his daughter really begged him to do that cameo.) John, you have taken the girls to see "SB" the movies right? Cuz, you know, next time I see the girls I may accidentally slip and inquire if they liked it. :rolleyes:

And thanks for the tips on the juniors program. I may contact Kay to see if she has any pointers on encouraging young shooters. At this point, I only want to provide the enviroment for growth, not the impetus.

And Turtle, she favors the CZ-75 right now in a handgun. You should have seen her last weekend showing her 22 year-old male cousin how to "slice the pie" upon entering a room. :ph34r:

I always wondered why my dad brought home a brick of .22s almost every weekend when I was that age.

That's awesome Sam, you know they have a .22LR conversion for the 75/85 as well right? It's called the Kadet. I can't say much about it as I haven't tested it yet, but it looks pretty sweet and I'd love to get my hans on one. I just have to wait a bit. It's on my "things to beg for:" list. :D