Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to install Cajun Gun Work RRK?

Jayohee

I ordered some parts from CGW including the RRK for my Acc Shadow. I know how to disassemble the gun and polish (thanks KneelingAtlas!) but the RRK came with a a disconnector and I have no idea where to put it. Can anyone show me where I can find a quick DIY or at least tell me what I'm supposed to do to install it? Sorry for the noobie questions as I'm completely new to CZs and have been shooting a Glock for USPSA.

UPDATED PIC:

post-53750-0-58366100-1409075076_thumb.j

Edited by Jayohee

It looks like the one that needs fitted. If you know how to complete disassemble the gun then go ahead and put the disco in place of the old one and put the minimum back to together so you can see if the gun functions, if not it's the one the requires fitting which is better in the long run anyways gives you a tad smaller reset.

Most of you material that needs removed will be from the Back side of the disco leg so that the SA can reset. I use a small diamond file to do the heavy lifting as I think powertools here aren't really a good idea and then finish up with some fine grit sand paper. Go slow and keep reassembling the gun and testing the part to see if the SA resets, once it does you'll want to rack the slide hard and see what you can do to try and make it not reset incase it needs to go any further as you don't want it not resetting in a match.

The DA may or may not have any issues with reset but if it does material needs removed from the front side of the disco wing.

post-53750-0-47581000-1409001499_zps60bb

I thought the RRK is only for FPB equipped CZ's (like SP01's). It's an interesting looking disco. much longer between pin hole and trunk that the stock one which is guess is where they get the reach reduction from. :)

Not sure that's what you want for a shadow. but schmeky can tell you since he makes them!

and yes as long as your shadow is DA/SA it has a disconector. you can't see it as it's basically under the sear cage. there is a massive thread on here with instructions. authored by kneelingatlas.

Thanks for the replies. David I'll try to give you a call tomorrow but email is better for me. I'll send you message soon.

BeerBaron, I'm trying to improve the DA "feel" (or reach) as I have somewhat small/average size hands. The reach of the OEM trigger makes it tough for me to accurately draw and get an alpha at speed.

yeah my bad. it will reduce the 'at rest' position of the DA trigger. so move the 'start' position back towards you. duh! you can see the disco is much longer. with the thicker trunk it should reduce the SA pretravel as well. :)

one piece of advice though. if you find you can get better SA reset and pre-travel with the regular CGW short reset disco then I'd probably go that way.

think of how many DA shots there are in a match (excluding clasifiers). maybe 10 every 12 stages (unloaded starts mean a SA first shot). but in those 12 stages you'll fire around 240 or more SA shots. so it's about 1 DA shot to every 20 SA. so for me, getting a great SA trigger is way more important than the DA. :)

Edited by BeerBaron

yeah my bad. it will reduce the 'at rest' position of the DA trigger. so move the 'start' position back towards you. duh! you can see the disco is much longer. with the thicker trunk it should reduce the SA pretravel as well. :)

one piece of advice though. if you find you can get better SA reset and pre-travel with the regular CGW short reset disco then I'd probably go that way.

think of how many DA shots there are in a match (excluding clasifiers). maybe 10 every 12 stages (unloaded starts mean a SA first shot). but in those 12 stages you'll fire around 240 or more SA shots. so it's about 1 DA shot to every 20 SA. so for me, getting a great SA trigger is way more important than the DA. :)

Exactly

Exactly

My SA is already very good for my me personally. After lowering the hammer spring and polishing it's down to about 3#. The DA currently sits at 7# but I would like a better sitting position. It's not a huge deal but any opportunity to tune the gun to my liking I'll take!