Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VersaMax Tactical bolt handle

Dannybot

I lost the bolt handle from my VersaMax Tactical at a match yesterday. There was another shooter who let me borrow his handle so I could shoot the match (I really love the comradeship of this sport).

I have no issues with the stock handle but I have noticed a few aftermarket ones. Anybody who has used an aftermarket handle, is one of those superior to the factory tactical handle? Would it be worth the extra funds to get an aftermarket one? I can get the tactical handle from Remington Country/Amazon for $25 shipped.

I'm pretty sure I know how I lost it, the last match I was at, I dropped a slug while I was port loading and it landed in the port backwards. I suspect I yanked the handle loose while I was trying to clear the round. I didn't check the gun after the match, just threw it in the safe. Then I let my shoot the gun before me at yesterday's match and she said she knew the handle was loose, but didn't say anything. When I went to load the gun, I noticed it was missing.

Remington will send you one if you give them your serial number

Briley has some for sale too just make sure you get the TACTICAL model if you have a TACTICAL gun because the field model doesnt fit

Benelli also makes a bolt handle which works (which is what I have now)

The heavier/larger bolt handles will likely fail sooner than the lighter ones just due to inertia. The bolt knob takes a beating on a shotgun. While the GG&G knobs are very nice I have seen several break. It is probably a good idea to keep a spare in your extra parts regardless of which knob you choose.

The heavier/larger bolt handles will likely fail sooner than the lighter ones just due to inertia. The bolt knob takes a beating on a shotgun. While the GG&G knobs are very nice I have seen several break. It is probably a good idea to keep a spare in your extra parts regardless of which knob you choose.

That's my plan to have my original with me, I also weighed it and it seems to be the same weight, GG&G was very helpful with great customer service. The one I received didn't fit at first so I called and actually talked to one of the owners. He told me that they have had another Remington competition owner that the handle won’t fit either. He asked me to send it back along with my original so they could work the problem. He told me for helping them out and sending my original he would give it to me for Free and refund my funds including shipping. ANYWAY, I have them both back now and it seems it will work, shooting it next week will let you know how it performs