Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open pistol holster for 3 gun

I am basically an open class ( pistol) in IPSC, cant shoot irons because of my vision. Can anyone suggest a holster ( pistol) I can safely use in a 3 gun . My rifle comes with a variable scope and planning to install a red dot on my shotgun just to be consistent for open. My current holster right now is the DAA for my open pistol ,wondering if its secure and safe to use this in a 3 gun.

Thanks

I am running a DAA Racer with no issues. Lots of movement and awkward positions with no dropped guns. Another guy I shoot with switched from a Bladetech to the DAA he has had for a few years after seeing me run mine with no issues. If you are really worried about it get the add-on muzzle support.

I used the DAA with the lock engaged for Northwest, and Rocky Mountain 3 gun this year and did not drop a pistol. I would rotate my belt around so the pistol did not touch the ground if I planned on going prone.

I had a local holster maker mold me an open kydex holster that covered the C-more. Worked great at 3 gun match, and protected the gun from getting banged around and even going prone was fine. I have since changed to a 90 mount for the c-more, so won't be able to use it. Will get a newer holster make when I get a chance.