Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cutting a CR Speed belt

toddrod

Need recomendations on what is the best way to cut a CR Speed rigid belt approx 6 inches and get a clean edge. I have thought about using a razor knife and putting epoxy on the edge to hold everything together. Will this work?

Todd,

I think you will probably have a pretty hard time cutting the belt without getting some fray here and there. I would suggest no using the epoxy method. IF you still absolutely need to cut it I would make 4-5 tight wraps of masking tape. Cut in the middle of the tape then unwrap and melt the nylon outer belt ends to prevent fraying. You might also want to consider cutting the outer belt sheath longer than the inner in order to give you more material to work with when you are melting the ends down.

Good luck, Craig

I've never done it, but if I was gonna, I'd take it to home deopt or some hardware store where they have one of those big hot knife thingies for cutting rope. I'd ask and if they said no, go to a different store and do it without asking.

What size belts do you wear? If you wear 34 pants, do you get a 34 or 36 belt?

I wear a size 30 belt and ordered a size 34 CR speed belt and have too much overlap in my opinion....I have a bladetech DOH and 2 double mag pouches attached to the belt and can still overlap my belt damn near to my hip bone.

Sizing depends on manufacturer. One size up doesn't work for me with Safariland...had to go two sizes. One size up for Wilderness Tactical was too big...should have gone right at size.

Follows the directions exactly for my Milt Sparks for everyday wear and it was still slightly too long.

Best bet is to talk to your dealer or check the manufacturer's website for fitting info.

With the CR speed belt , order your correct size, if you are a 36 order a 36, they leave the correct ammount of overlap.

Generaly most of us here fasten the inner belt in front and the outer belt at the rear.