Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open glock trigger

KustomHolsters

I bought one of DK's custom trigger kits and all I can say is WOW!!! It sets off Winchester, Federal and Remington primers and feels absolutely great. It dropped right into a police trade-in 22 that I built into a budget open gun.

I'm going to get another one to put in my 34.

Regards,

Victor

FWIW, the trigger assembly in this open is mostly stock Glock, with a Ghost Rocket connector, heavy duty Wolff trigger spring, Gen4 ejector (9mm) and polished the obvious items, like the trigger bar. Splits are 0.15 or less on a quick-twitch trigger finger day. Have purchased and used several other triggers and use this set-up in both the main and back-up opens. My preference is some pre-travel so I can stage the trigger during the draw and also after moving to the next shooting position in the stage, while getting the sight picture. After the first shot, it is working off of a very short reset. No pre-travel with a very light trigger can slow a person down, as they wait to be on target before placing their finger on the trigger. The striker is stock. Have had commercial lightened ones break and the titanium ones can have a dimensional issue (.003-.004" too short) with the "foot" that engages the crucible, allowing it to skip over the crucible and not half-cocking the striker. A longer opinion - sometimes we focus too much on the trigger, but it isn't what will move us up in match standings. What moves us up is having confidence that the gun will go "bang" every time and not having to clear a round for any reason. This set-up ignites small rifle primers, even Tula, ejects everything (range brass) and is very quick. The other real key is the spring set-up: recoil spring(s), striker spring and extractor, as they all work together.

• 2 weeks later...

DK. Short pre-travel, short over-travel; both are adjustable. I prefer it with a polished 5 pound connector rather than the included one. The included one results in a lighter, more of a rolling-type break of around 2.25-2.50 pounds. The 5 pound connector I polished up results in a crisper pull around 2.50-2.75 pounds. It's also cheaper than most of the other alternatives out there.