Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom 3 Gun Team Championship

Hi All,

Well Tom and I are stepping up again and putting on the 2005 Freedom 3 Gun

Team Championship July 2nd and 3rd in Bend.  It is a new concept that

promotes team competition vs. individual. Attached is the information,

please share it with everyone who loves 3 gunning.

In addition, we will have information shortly on the Area 1  3 Gun

Championships set for Sept. 17th and 18th in Bend.

We are looking for 10 RO's for each match, no set-up, no tear-down, no match

fee, free tee shirt and you get to shoot with your squad. Please let us know

if you are interested.

DVCx3,

Mike McCarter

Mike's e-mail included a word document with details. Basically, four shooters per team, one in each division (Open, Tactical, Limited, Heavy Metal). $1000 cash for first place! E-mail Mike at nomikes at hotmail dot com and request the document if you are interested.

I hope everybody can scare up a Heavy Metal shooter for their team.

Hi All,

North American Shooting Sports is announcing the first annual Freedom 3 Gun Team Match, sponsored by R & R Racing. The match dates are July 2nd and 3rd, 2005 and will be held at the Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association (COSSA) Range east of Bend, Oregon.

The match will be limited to 30 Teams. Each team must have 1 Open Shooter, 1 Limited Shooter, 1 Tactical Shooter, and 1 Heavy Metal Shooter.

Entry fee is $300 per team.

This match will be a cash prize event.

1st Place $1,000; 2nd Place $500; 3rd Place $250

Donated items will be awarded by random drawing.

The match will use International Multi Gun Association's rules. Scoring will be Time Plus. Placing is based on the total points of the team.

The match will have 10 stages. The approximate round counts will be: 98 pistol, 82 rifle, 70 shot, and 28 slugs. Expect rifle distances of around 250 yards and slugs out to 50 yards

Visit www.nassonline.org for registration and more information.

See you at the range!

Tom Chambers

Range Master

North American Shooting Sports

2005 Freedom 3 Gun

Team Championship

July 2nd & 3rd

COSSA Gun Club, Bend, OR

North American Shooting Sports presents the 2005 Freedom 3 Gun Team Championship in Bend, Oregon on July 2nd & 3rd sponsored by R & R Racing. This match breaks the mold of individual shooting competitions by bringing together 4 individual competitors shooting guns in 4 different divisions. Now it is the overall points acquired by the team that wins the match not the best shooter.

The 2005 Freedom 3 Gun Team Championship will be conducted under International Multi-Gun Association rules, modified for the team competition. Each team consists of 1 open, 1 limited, 1 tactical and 1 heavy metal division (USPSA Divisions) competitor. The team that acquires the highest points for all 4 team members wins the match.

1st Place Team wins $1,000

2nd Place Team wins $500

3rd Place Team wins $250

The match will consist of 10 multi-gun stages designed by Tom Chambers. These stages will not only test the competitor’s ability, but the whole team, on how well they use all 3 guns. 6 stages will be shot on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Stage descriptions, round counts and schedule will be posted on this website as soon as possible

This match is limited to 30 teams so don’t wait to sign up your team. Match fee is $300 per team. Vendors may display and sell their products at no cost. We support the vendors who support the competitors in our sport. All prize table items will be given away by open drawing only. Team confirmations will be on this website only.

For information: Contact Mike McCarter at 503-391-1712.

Freedom Match Entry Form

I have a team for this but what is the difference between Tactical and Limited. Is it Limited is all iron sights and Tactical allows a dot on the rifle? Googling for International Multi Gun Association's rules doesn't help.

bjet

bjet, Tactical is a single optic on the rifle, and Limited-legal pistol and shotgun.

Mike McCormack got back to me, thanks. Single optic on one of the guns in Tactical. No optic in Limited.

He added that he will get these rules up on their website as well.

bjet

• 2 months later...

Folks, let's make it official. North American Shooting Sports announces that the Freedom 3 Gun Team Championships has been modified to a 3 person team event. Now your team will have a shooter in Limited, Tactical, and Open.

The entry fee for the team is now $225. The dates are the same, July 2nd and 3rd. at the COSSA range east of Bend, Oregon.

There is room for 40 teams and we will need 10 RO's/Squad Leaders who get to shoot the match for free.

The match will be shot under the International Multi-Gun Rulesas used at Superstition Mountain and Rocky Mountain 3 Gun Matches.

For more information and a downloadable entry form go to www.nassonline.org

Tom Chambers

Range Master

tomdagadget@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking for a team to shoot this match, I can shoot either limited or tactical (perfer tactical) I'm a pretty good shooter, strong at rifle and shotgun, good with pistol when my head is out of my a$$,

anyway I am in the Boise area about 4 hours east of Bend,

• 3 weeks later...