Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

pro chrono digital first round low?

i have had one for a couple of years. i have noticed that the first round usually reads low. if i were to shoot a 5 round string through it the first round would read low. then while reloading the next five rounds, when i shoot it again, it reads the first low again. maybe less than a minute or two elapses between them.

So have you noticed or had this issue?

I've got one and haven't noticed that myself. Shouldn't be any warm up involved with the electronics. Have you tried it with different guns, could be the gun producing lower velocities with the first shot ??

Mine doesn't do that either. Seems odd. New battery maybe? Gun cold maybe?

FYI my pro chrono gave me 173 last week and I got nearly the exact same result at the Michigan match this weekend. Great chrono!!

that must be related to the cold bore.

also, i've heard we should always shoot strings while barrel is ''warm''' like not waiting for the gun getting completely cold. that's what i do anyways and the readings are quite close to the chrony used at the matches while there's some discrepancy BTW normal with chronies not all are equally calibrated, that's why you must respect a ''safety'' margin.