Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 012?

kmca

Hi,

Just got the holster fitted to my guns. I was wondering if there is a more positive "lock" to retain the pistol against accidentally dislodging it when you're doing range duties?

Thanks,

Keith

i just use a piece of velcro wrapped around the holster and pistol to secure it. but the problem to watch out for with the safariland holsters is when you bump the pistol from below that causes it to jump out of the holster.

get the arredondo platform or similar to protect the pistol's muzzle.

100_1363.jpg

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Jasonub,

Who is burner? Can I order one? What's it look like?

Eye cutter, the arredondo platform is more secure than the supplied Safariland "nose cap"?

Good Luck,

Keith

The Rescomp holster has a locking device. I hear this works very well. I have an 012 that does not have a locking device but It is secure enough for me. I just bought a second one from Saffarilands home page. If you don't mind the aluminum part being red or gold they are a great deal. $75. (normally $237) I may order a third.

Dave

blue edge,

If you don't mind me answering, Safariland is out of stock on the holsters and mag holders. Too bad I didn't order the holders sooner, they were only $7 each.

Good Luck,

Keith

When you go to Safarilands home page click on close out items. Along with the holster for $75 bucks, I bought mag holders for $8. I also bought a nice carry holster for my Glock for $11. When I ordered them I thought there had to be something wrong with them because they were so cheap but everything was excellent. At that price I guess they don't stay in stock for long. I will keep checking their web page to see what deals they have. I always seem to see something I just have to have :)

Dave

I was able to pick up one of the red 012s for $75 - glad I surfed onto that!!

I have a question on how to 'lock in' the holster to the CRspeed belt. The velcro on the holster is opposite of the velcro on my CR speed belt system. Any ideas?

I've got one end of the holster secured with the little velcro wrap around that came with the belt, but the back end has a tad of wobble to it.

• 2 weeks later...

KMCA, try the arredondo platform, just added that to my 012 and it made a world of difference, the draw is quicker and the gun feels more secure...but, for safety's sake, I added a velcro feline collar (lots of color...) it streaches nice and tight around the gun and holster, only takes a second or two to remove during the LMR, just stuff in a back pocket and you're ready to go...any big pet store will have the collar's, they're made from the same stuff wetsuits are and they have velcro on them.

michaels

• 5 weeks later...

About five or six weeks ago Safariland had their 012 holsters on sale for 75 bucks. I know alot of people missed out on that sale. I was at their site today and once again they are on sale for 79 bucks. ( Normaly $269) Only the red and gold are that price but for that price I can learn to like red :)

FWIW

Dave

While they were selling their 012 for $75, I picked up a 009 for $50 for my open rig. I'm still in the doghouse for gettting the open gun, may as well try and get a holster for as little as possible after that. I have 3 of the split mag holders that I picked up last year for 3-gun and already had a spare outer belt. Sheesh, now I have holsters and belt rigs for all the divisions.. Am I nuts or what? :lol:

Vince