Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round 40 mag, fits in the box... go...

mikeg1005

Is there any reason one couldn't take their 10mm mag and shorten it until it would fit in the box? Just have to roll the bottom to have the basepad still have a place to catch?

I'd imagine you could add a 1/4" or more to a system mag and still fit in the box.

Is there any reason one couldn't take their 10mm mag and shorten it until it would fit in the box? Just have to roll the bottom to have the basepad still have a place to catch?

I'd imagine you could add a 1/4" or more to a system mag and still fit in the box.

Add a 1/4" to the bottom of the mag and you will need a hammer to make it fit the box and a crowbar to remove it..

The bottom of the Corey mag base pad are filed down to make the box. You won't get anymore length than you get with those mags and make the box.

Mikeg1005 yes you can cut down a 10mm mag. Don't know the extent of your tools or abilities but you would need to match the angles. Tripp didn't fold the bottom over on the Corey mag so you would have to do the same type of cut that your mag has. The Corey mag has a slot cut into it. You will have to modify the basepad a little to fit the box. Or just buy them

• 2 months later...

I have to apologize. I determined that I don't have the correct springs in my Tripp System mags in order to run 10 reloadable. Mine are in fact too long.

I originally ordered mine as Corey mags with the hybrid follower, but later had an interest in the 10 round Flex follower set up. When I called, I was told all I would need was the followers, but that obviously wasn't the case.

I am glad I figured this out!

Edited by JaeOne3345

Oh, they work just fine. I can reload them with 9 if necessary. They are not ten reloadable, though. Virgil said I need a shorter spring and there are modifications to the flex follower that need to take place. I didn't talk to Virgil the first time around, but someone else. Oh well.

What kind of mods are needed with the flex followers?

With mine (Corey mag + flex) I can load 10 no problem and reload easily with the slide forward. However I have noticed that sometimes the front of the flex follower will pop out the top of the mag when I go to slide lock, and when that happens the mag doesn't drop free. Be curious if there is a fix for this.

Corey mag + flex?

Are you saying your situation is like mine? I originally bought my magazines as "Corey" mags when I called. System mags, with hybrid followers that only hold 9 when full.

I attempted to convert them to normal non Corey System mags that hold 10. I mistakenly and incorrectly ONLY ordered flex followers and swapped followers myself.

But after speaking with Virgil, the system mag when ordered from them (non Corey config) uses a different spring, and the front of the followers are reshaped as well. This was from Virgil himself, yesterday on the phone. This is why I cannot get a reloadable ten in my mags. I can squeeze ten extremely tight.

What kind of mods are needed with the flex followers?

With mine (Corey mag + flex) I can load 10 no problem and reload easily with the slide forward. However I have noticed that sometimes the front of the flex follower will pop out the top of the mag when I go to slide lock, and when that happens the mag doesn't drop free. Be curious if there is a fix for this.

I have this same issue. thinking to change to the hybrid follower might solve the problem.