Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ75 SP01 Shadow - Shoot 800 Rounds in One Day - Need to Clean/Lube at

RaylanGivens

The Nexcare tape turned out to be very helpful... It stretches and stays put... Bit of a cushion to it... Doesn't come off even if you wash your hands... Good stuff...

I taped the sore spots on my fingers before the second day of the shoot... Taped a few more places after lunch... None of the sore spots turned into blisters... Shot 1,200 rounds during the two day class.

Good tip, thanks!

The Nexcare tape turned out to be very helpful... It stretches and stays put... Bit of a cushion to it... Doesn't come off even if you wash your hands... Good stuff...

I taped the sore spots on my fingers before the second day of the shoot... Taped a few more places after lunch... None of the sore spots turned into blisters... Shot 1,200 rounds during the two day class.

Good tip, thanks!

Agree. Awesome tip. I picked some from my local Publix Supermarket and it works very well. Didn't come off all day even after getting my hands wet!

how about the gun? run ok?

Gun ran perfectly... Not a single misfire for any reason after 1,200 rounds!

Cleaned it before the class, then oiled it before shooting the first morning... oiled it again after lunch... Cleaned it that night after class... then oiled it before the class the second day and again after lunch...

Concensus from the instructors was that I was running my CZ too dry... I guess that's a holdover from several years shooting Glocks... Racking the slide seemed much smoother after oiling, so I guess I'll be one of the guys oiling his gun at the safe table before every match...

I had planned to clean off the barrel ramp during lunch, but got sidetracked and forgot about it both days. When I cleaned my CZ after shooting, the ramp was gunked up... but it kept shooting... Gotta love these CZ's...

To be clear I mean :

I drop on top of sear blade

1 drop in back of hammer

1 drop on trigger return spring

For barrel I put a few drops onto a patch and then give the barrel a rub for a light coating.

For the slide glide you only need maybe 3 little dobs on each rail. It'll spread once you cycle the slide a few times.

Do you place a drop of oil on each side of trigger bar, where it looks like bar could slide or potentially rub against the frame? Just to each side of where the trigger bar has bearing surface for the slide. Or do you like it dry in that area?

Edited by trgt

Do you place a drop of oil on each side of trigger bar, where it looks like bar could slide or potentially rub against the frame? Just to each side of where the trigger bar has bearing surface for the slide. Or do you like it dry in that area?

I lube that area when I clean the gun... I put some lube on a Q-Tip and dab it on the trigger bar nubs that rub on the bottom of the slide... Also lube the bottom of the slide where the trigger bar nubs rub... I then take the Q-Tip (with lube) and rub it along the tops of the trigger bar where it contacts the inside of the frame... I put more lube (with a Q-Tip) on the trigger bar spring and the pin that connects the trigger to the trigger bar... also the sear and hammer...

When I get done cleaning and lubing my CZ it's pretty wet... I usually have to wipe it down with a cloth...

I never took my CZ apart during the two day class... Just a quick external lube in the morning and after lunch...