Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EG Xtreme Grips

bayougump

these ones are the henning tanfoglio ones http://henningshop.com/products/tanfoglio-torx-grip-screws-h024

these are the CGW CZ ones: http://cgw.noblix.com/?product=grip-screws

I actually have pairs of both and they are interchangeable. the only real difference is the henning ones are T10 torx and then cagun ones are hex (3mm from memory - they come with a basic allen key too).

Edited by BeerBaron

So I got the CZ grip screws from CGW and they still don't look right to me. They don't fit inside the countersunk portion of the grip panel. For these expensive panels to not come with the proper screws is totally jacked. :angry:

20141229_202046_zps1lbmq12x.jpg

The shoulder of the screw rides on the edge of the countersunk screw hole rather than inside the hole. That cannot be correct.

I'm going to the hardware store to see if I can find ones that fit properly.

20141229_202202_zps9q7fixav.jpg

20141229_202446_zpslmtjzc6a.jpg

So I got the CZ grip screws from CGW and they still don't look right to me. They don't fit inside the countersunk portion of the grip panel. For these expensive panels to not come with the proper screws is totally jacked. :angry:

20141229_202046_zps1lbmq12x.jpg

The shoulder of the screw rides on the edge of the countersunk screw hole rather than inside the hole. That cannot be correct.

I'm going to the hardware store to see if I can find ones that fit properly.

20141229_202202_zps9q7fixav.jpg

20141229_202446_zpslmtjzc6a.jpg

How much pressure did you put on the screws trying to get them to go into the countersunk portion of the grips?

I have a pair, that didn't come with any screws and the original grip screws wouldn't fit, sounds very similar to what you're describing, so I just ground them down a bit until they fit. Very easy to do with a dremel tool.

Xtreme grips are thinner than Henning grips. I don't believe there is anything in between the stock wood grips and Henning grips that you can buy. I sanded the stock wood grips on my Limited Pro down smooth and thinner with a belt sander and covered them with grip tape. They have a similar feel to Henning grips, but they are a little thicker.

I put the Xtreme grips on my Stock II and it looks awesome. I took it to the range the other day and my accuracy with them has suffered a bit than when I was using the wooden grips. I suppose it's just a matter of getting used to the aluminum panels. I just think my hands are too big to use the Xtreme panels which make the grip very thin. As a test, I put the walnut panels back on the gun. I'll figure out which ones will stay on after the next range trip this weekend.

Edited by SCPistolero

Yes I too have witnessed (pun intended) this with the thinner grips. I shoot the gun better with the wooden grips due to my hand getting better purchase on the sides of the grip so I can control recoil better and the gun just fills my hand better. But I do prefer the way the gun looks with the Henning grips.

yep, same problem with me with both my CZ shadows and my stock II. it looks better with the CZ/extreme grips but I shoot the CZ better with the stock rubber grips and the stock II better with the wood grips. at least the wood grips still look nice. the CZ rubber grips are pretty ugly.

I have noticed that the grips on my Stock 2 which are the newer style are thinner than the grips on my Limited. I wonder if the new wood grips for the Limited are thinner like the ones on my Stock 2. I may have buy some of those to try.