Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire trigger bump fires

I've been running a Hiperfire 24C with the 2lb spring for this season and have noticed I get quite a few bump fires with this trigger. I came from a CMC flat trigger and never had a single bump fire. I've called Hiperfire and asked them about this and was told I am holding the trigger to close to the reset point which then causes bump fires. Anyone else experiencing bump fires with this trigger?

I'm running this on a 18" Nordic rifle length barrel with JP LMOS BCG and JP Silent Captured Buffer Spring with a Noveske upper and Gen2 lower.

You definetrly sounded like you went close to full auto, but you did have a fast time. I tried to match you, but could only go thru 42 rounds not 45. Couple of seconds slower.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm

I have not with my HF 24C,

My son has been stopped before, because they thought his trigger was unsafe, Giesile? super 3gun.

Had him do 10 slow rounds into the berm, while the RO's watched closely :roflol:

After ward the RO was :bow:

Edited by toothandnail

You definetrly sounded like you went close to full auto, but you did have a fast time. I tried to match you, but could only go thru 42 rounds not 45. Couple of seconds slower.

gerritm

I went back and watched the video, and I had at least two bump fires during that 15 sec run. I'll try to post a video tonight of the stage, it was a quick 45 rounds.

Here is the video of the stage. I had two bump fires during the stage one right at the beginning where I had fired 3 shots and on the 4th shot it bumped a fifth and the other on the 3rd to last target where I had fired the second shot it bumped the 3rd - the rest of it was my over-active trigger finger.

http://youtu.be/vEQ-b4_xQw8

Bump firing is on the shooter. I have found I bump fire when not holding the gun firmly enough, kinda letting it float when really trying to push my speed.

After doing a little focused practice, bump fires went away and times went down.

Only time that it's happened to me was when one of my trigger pins worked loose during a match. I never believed anti-walk pins were neccesary until that happened, now I won't go without them.

Only time that it's happened to me was when one of my trigger pins worked loose during a match. I never believed anti-walk pins were neccesary until that happened, now I won't go without them.

I run KNS pins on my rifle just to make sure. I typically don't see the bumps on offhand or kneeling shots, more so on prone shots for me, which seems backwards. Like LoganbilJ said, I know it has to do with not holding the rifle in tight enough and the short reset of the Hiperfire trigger. I really like the 2lb springs on the trigger, but I didn't see the bump fire with the 3lb springs. Maybe I'll try it without the boot and see if that helps solve some of my bump fire issues. I really don't want to go to the 3lb trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been running a Hiperfire 24C with the 2lb spring for this season and have noticed I get quite a few bump fires with this trigger. I came from a CMC flat trigger and never had a single bump fire. I've called Hiperfire and asked them about this and was told I am holding the trigger to close to the reset point which then causes bump fires. Anyone else experiencing bump fires with this trigger?

I'm running this on a 18" Nordic rifle length barrel with JP LMOS BCG and JP Silent Captured Buffer Spring with a Noveske upper and Gen2 lower.

Had similar issue to my Geissele 3G trigger on my ACR. Issue is when you get lazy and butt not firm against your shoulder it will bump fire. Pull the rifle into your shoulder pocket tighter and bump fire should go away.

bgc

• 4 weeks later...