Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Girsan 312 - building for 3gun

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

On 2/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, Pyromaniantic said:

What is a Mobil Choke and which ones would you recommend? I see a lot of different brands like Beretta and Benelli having some so I am not too sure about what they are exactly. 

The Beretta/Benelli mobil choke is the thread pattern. Either will work and most say Beretta/Benelli. Amazon has extended Carlson's Beretta/benelli mobil chokes for $30-$40.As far as constriction I usually switch between a diffuser/spreader( wide pattern) and a light mod( tighter pattern) depending on stage. If I only had to pick one to go with a light mod is a solid all around choice.

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2020 at 2:29 PM, Ldware9 said:

I find the Carlson's benelli/Beretta choke work great. (https://www.opticsplanet.com/carlson-s-choke-tubes-cremator-waterfowl-beretta-benelli-choke-tubes.html)

I'm still trying to find a charging handle to replace the stock handle.

I recently picked up the standard MC-312 and so far have been impressed. 

There is a new model of this shotgun that has a larger bolt handle. I called EAA last week to see if the larger bolt handle is available, but they aren't in stock yet. 

http://eaacorp.com/guns/long-guns/mc312-sport-528

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up this shotgun. Haven't been able to run live rounds through it yet but I bought A- Zoom dummy rounds which are 2.75" and keep jamming. Hopefully real rounds don't have this problem. Anyone try running dummy rounds through theirs? I also want to get a shorter barrel but haven't seen anything for this gun. 

5 hours ago, nick370z said:

I just picked up this shotgun. Haven't been able to run live rounds through it yet but I bought A- Zoom dummy rounds which are 2.75" and keep jamming. Hopefully real rounds don't have this problem. Anyone try running dummy rounds through theirs? I also want to get a shorter barrel but haven't seen anything for this gun. 

I haven't had any trouble with jamming. 

Taran Tactical M2 spring kit has been installed and it has been running great. Extended magazine spring should arrive this week to complete the build for now. 

Glad to have found this thread. Picking up my MC312 tactical tomorrow. Saw the gun 'likes' a 40 rnd high brass break in. Going to send two boxes through to help settle things in. Hoping for clean cycles after. First mod will be putting the Nordic +3 kit that others are suggesting, should end up perfect with the 18.5" barrel.

I ran about 100 rounds through the tactical this weekend. AA 1-1/8oz no problems. Heavy game load 7-1/2 no problem. 1600 fps 00BK no problem. Remington "disintegrater" 00BK would fire but short cycle the next round. It would not allow the next round into the chamber. It would get wedged below the action and was a bear to clear. Not sure if there wasnt enough power to bring the action all the way back but they are only 2 3/4" shells. Makes me wonder how good a 3" would feed? Barrel is stamped for both.

FTC.jpg

The disintegrator load has a very light shot charge weight. Inertia shotguns like the Grisan require at least a full ounce of shot weight to function correctly and at least 1150 feet per second in velocity. If I remember right the weight of the shot in the disintegrator OO Buckshot round is 1/2-5/8 if an ounce of shot weight.

On 5/6/2020 at 2:57 PM, kurtm said:

The disintegrator load has a very light shot charge weight. Inertia shotguns like the Grisan require at least a full ounce of shot weight to function correctly and at least 1150 feet per second in velocity. If I remember right the weight of the shot in the disintegrator OO Buckshot round is 1/2-5/8 if an ounce of shot weight.

Thats exactly what i figured the problem was. Not enough force in the shot for the inertia driven bolt cycle the next round. Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I just started my build on my mc 312 so far I really like the gun I want to extreme the mag tube I saw ppl using the Nordic but I just want to extend it so it doesn’t pass the barrel any thoughts here is some pics so far Bushnell red dot reflex sight and truglo led flashlight laser combo using ncde rail mount any tips will be appreciated!

A64FD01B-386F-44E9-9CFA-7AE9D60CA2C2.jpeg

23B29E2B-910F-4DA0-A242-9B8EC73AE5B5.jpeg

Edited by Garylongisland

On 5/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, Garylongisland said:

Hey guys I just started my build on my mc 312 so far I really like the gun I want to extreme the mag tube I saw ppl using the Nordic but I just want to extend it so it doesn’t pass the barrel any thoughts here is some pics so far Bushnell red dot reflex sight and truglo led flashlight laser combo using ncde rail mount any tips will be appreciated!

Nordic makes extensions in all sizes from +1 all the way to +9. Once you have the Nordic barrel nut you can add any size extension that works for you.

• 1 month later...

I’ll have to bring this thread back.  Just wrote EAA, will report back on whether they sell me the larger charging handle from the competition model.  Coming from an old 870, this gun has impressed me.  No perceptible recoil while shooting, although I feel it now that it’s been a couple days.  Took it out for my first time skeet shooting and it just couldn’t seem to miss.  Put maybe a hundred rounds through it and it performed perfectly.  Will update as I roll through mods and when it fails on me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/30/2020 at 8:43 PM, DLester said:

I’ll have to bring this thread back.  Just wrote EAA, will report back on whether they sell me the larger charging handle from the competition model.  Coming from an old 870, this gun has impressed me.  No perceptible recoil while shooting, although I feel it now that it’s been a couple days.  Took it out for my first time skeet shooting and it just couldn’t seem to miss.  Put maybe a hundred rounds through it and it performed perfectly.  Will update as I roll through mods and when it fails on me.

Did EAA get back to you?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2020 at 10:06 AM, Mdickinson said:

Did anyone find a cure for light primer strikes? Have already sent one gun back for warranty because of this and the second is doing the same thing. Have already changed to Taran tactical springs and it didn't help.

A Wolff XP hammer spring helped, but still had an occasional light hit. I noticed the firing pin spring was much stiffer than my Beretta and Bennelli, so I started cutting off coils until it started compressing just before you could insert the rollpin. I haven't had a light strike since.

A warning: this spring prevents the firing pin from touching off a round when the gun is dropped straight down on the muzzle. While most military rifles (AR included) have no spring, and several other shotguns I looked at had minimal spring force on theirs, I make no promise on the safety of the gun after said modification. I slammed the bolt down on my bench afterwards and saw no movement of the firing pin, so its good enough for me, but do ot at your own risk. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up an older Zenith HDTactical model. It seems to shoot great. I have a minor issue with the carrier latch not releasing a shell 100% of the time when the carrier latch is pressed but I think a little polishing will do the job.

The biggest aggravation is parts availability. I’m sure some Stoeger M3000 and Benelli M2 parts are compatible but figuring out witch ones will be interesting. I’m looking for a new recoil pad now but I guess I’ll have to do a little fitting at the local gun store.

It’s good to find at least a thread on the

MC 312.

• 7 months later...
On 1/25/2020 at 8:38 AM, coc said:

I am looking for extended chokes for the Girsan MC312. Anybody know what will fit?

I bought a Tristar Over/Under from Walmart in Oklahoma over the weekend for $370 and it came with 5 extended chokes and they screwed right into my Girsan MC312.

The thread pattern matches Berretta and Benelli...

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 11:02 PM, Crackthump said:

Just picked up an older Zenith HDTactical model. It seems to shoot great. I have a minor issue with the carrier latch not releasing a shell 100% of the time when the carrier latch is pressed but I think a little polishing will do the job.

The biggest aggravation is parts availability. I’m sure some Stoeger M3000 and Benelli M2 parts are compatible but figuring out witch ones will be interesting. I’m looking for a new recoil pad now but I guess I’ll have to do a little fitting at the local gun store.

It’s good to find at least a thread on the

MC 312.

The Limbsaver 10810 works but isn't an exact match. However,  the Limbsaver 10804 fit exactly but the screw holes dont match up so you have to screw through the plastic to get the holes to match and tighten it up. Works great and definitely better when shooting 3.5 shells over 1600 fps!😊