Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

classified in each division

waktasz

Hi GaryB and welcome to the forums!

L10 has a 10 round mag limit. That's it. We won't go into the why's and wherefore's here. There are plenty of posts about that already.

To be honest for many of the classifiers the difference in having another 8 or 9 rounds in the gun doesn't really matter other than the Limited gun will be heavier and act differently under recoil than the L10 gun....all other things being equal of course.

The High Hit Factors that USPSA uses to figure out where your score fits in the overall scheme of things are actually different between Limited and Limited 10...although some of them aren't that far apart. This is probably due to the larger amount of data upon which the HHF is based for Limited as opposed to L10 which hasn't been around that long.

Hope that helps.

This is one change I talked to my AD about last year. In hopes to limit sandbagging. Have Lim, Lim-10 and Production all the same class which ever one is higher. He didn't go for it. He didn't go for 9 major at the time either.

(slight thread drift)

Hmmm...I like the idea with production and L-10......

Have Lim, Lim-10 and Production all the same class which ever one is higher.  He didn't go for it.  He didn't go for 9 major at the time either.

I have not checked out the "new" 03 classifiers, but there are a few from the 99 book which are not 10-round limited. They are rarely (never?) used, but they were there. So combining Lim, L10, and Production will not fly.

Lee