Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will someone please . . .

...tell US ALL how to load pictures?!!!

I know some mod will tell me this is not the place for this, but I know I'm far from alone w/ the frustration of not being able to easily load pics...& don't tell me about DropBox or Pix or any other site - JUST SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES TO THE "CLASSIFIEDS"!!!

Simple.

Thank you.

-jb

^Yes, just upload the picture to Photobucket. Once you do that, click on the picture you want to use... On the right hand side of the screen it reads "links to share picture
". Just select the IMG option and paste it in the description:)

The reason folks use outside hosting is because forums such as this limit the size of a picture. When they have thousands or millions of them to store, it gets expensive. I think the max size here is 500KB. Your average phone will take a picture that is somewhere between 3 and 5 times that size. That means you have to exit the photo on your desktop before you upload. If you're having trouble posting, then you'll surely love that process.

The most simple way around it is to host the picture on one of the sites you listed (all of them have much less restriction on file size) and then embed or link the resulting url in the post.

So, not so simple. You get to choose: Edit at home and upload directly to this forum, or use an outside image hosting service and link it without editing.

If you need help finding or figuring out a hosting solution like imgur, let me know (pm me). Likewise, I know a couple small image editors, but that really does mean you need at least a slight understanding of how to read and adjust image size.

I click reply and then write what I want to say. Then I click on More Reply Option (lower rh side below reply box), select choose files button and select the image file off my computer, click attach file and select add reply:

post-49666-0-60826200-1406063922_thumb.g

Edited by JMike

The reason folks use outside hosting is because forums such as this limit the size of a picture. When they have thousands or millions of them to store, it gets expensive. I think the max size here is 500KB. Your average phone will take a picture that is somewhere between 3 and 5 times that size. That means you have to exit the photo on your desktop before you upload. If you're having trouble posting, then you'll surely love that process.

The most simple way around it is to host the picture on one of the sites you listed (all of them have much less restriction on file size) and then embed or link the resulting url in the post.

So, not so simple. You get to choose: Edit at home and upload directly to this forum, or use an outside image hosting service and link it without editing.

If you need help finding or figuring out a hosting solution like imgur, let me know (pm me). Likewise, I know a couple small image editors, but that really does mean you need at least a slight understanding of how to read and adjust image size.

Thank you for explaning this in simple terms......heading to a photo hosing site:)

...tell US ALL how to load pictures?!!!

I know some mod will tell me this is not the place for this, but I know I'm far from alone w/ the frustration of not being able to easily load pics...& don't tell me about DropBox or Pix or any other site - JUST SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD PICTURES TO THE "CLASSIFIEDS"!!!

Simple.

Thank you.

-jb

Thank you for being brave enough to demand an answer.....I had trouble too....:)

Thanks for the info.

Finally someone just made it simple!!!

I like, "DWFAN" & "jmike," will opt for "More Reply Options"..."Browse"

Off-sites are a pain & all I want to do is post an easy pic!

Thanks again...& again!!!

-jb