Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about C-more

Hatchet

Our club recently started having Steel Challenge, so I decided to build an open rimfire pistol. For the optic I went with the standard C-more polymer sight. Today I spent some time sighting it in and shooting it. After getting it sighted dead center, I tightened the set screws and I noticed it was then shooting down and to the left about an inch at 15 yards. This was controlled from a bench so I'm not pulling it. Loosened the screws, dead on. Tightened the screws, off again. So I adjusted for this and have it centered again. Have any of you experienced this?

Sometimes the C-More sights just get to a point where they won't hold a zero any more. (Although that tends to happen with Open guns running major PF, not a .22LR.)

If it's still under warranty, C-More will fix it for free. If it's out of warranty, I think it's about $55 to have it fixed.

I have been using a C-More on my rimfire Open gun and have not had the drifing issue but I suspect this is because it is a .22.

I plan on building a Glock Open gun this year and was going to use a C-More as well because that is primarly what I see at the games and I really like the one I have.

Is this drifing problem really common?

If so, why do most of the top shooters continue to use the product?

Is there a better alternative?

Is this drifing problem really common?

Not common, but it's known to happen.

I have one that needs to go back for repairs right now. I bought the gun used, and have shot it for 3 years, and I'm not sure how long the previous owner had it. Figure 4-5 years of 9mm Major ammo, and it's not surprising that it might eventually have a problem. Nothing lasts forever.

I have several C-mores that need to go back for repairs but in my case I think the problem was self-inflicted.

You tighten the screws that lock the windage too much and you end up with problems. Before I screwed them up, no problem at all holding zero.

Got them mounted on Open pistols, an AR and a MKA 1919 shotgun.

Still the best mouse trap for my needs.

Bill