Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Email notifications for powder availability

nitrohuck

Pistol powders are posted up online for sale and then gone so fast that you can't even add it to your cart before it's sold out...

Yet some people just seem to be in the know when this stuff gets posted, and they are able to snag it up before others, and something tells me this isn't entirely left to chance with most people.

So who here has any powder procuring tips? What websites do you frequently check, is there a best time or day of the week to check certain websites, which ones do you have instant email notification on, etc. etc.?

I have three pounds of WST to my name and I don't think it's gonna last long loading for .40cal

Yeah, yeah, I know, powder for me = less for you, but help a brother out!

Keep checking gunbot. I've forgotten which was which, but over the course of a couple of days two weeks ago, I was able to buy 2lbs of Titegroup and 16lbs of Promo. One was a tip from this site. The other was lucky timing with a gunbot check.

just installed the extension and added some websites.

Added Gunbot also, this way I don't have to just keep checking and hope I get lucky, I would kill for 16lb of promo right now!

I use gunbot, a chrome extension, and have signed up on any web site that offered an in stock notification email. I also have my brother on the look out when he hits gun stores / pawn shops in his area. As soon as I see something in stock that I want I buy the maximum quantity I can. It's pretty amazing to see inventory on a page go from 175 bottles down to 0 in just a few minutes.

Gunbot with notifications did not work for me. I have the enable beep alert and nothing ever happened with my speakers on and the computer on.

So, now it is just a random check of the website and hope for the best.

Gunbot with notifications did not work for me. I have the enable beep alert and nothing ever happened with my speakers on and the computer on.

So, now it is just a random check of the website and hope for the best.

Same for me with gunbot. I created an account thinking that would help but it didn't. I keep it open in my browser most of the time and check it periodically.

Anyone get that Chrome extension to work with framed pages (i.e., Powder Valley)? I haven't been able to get it to monitor each powder page, it just defaults back to the primary home page because of the frame use.

Interested in this as well. That's the reason I quit fooling with it; couldn't get it to monitor powder valley.

There are still folks that take backorders - so backorder what you need and it will show up eventually. I waited about 5 months for WAC.

I backordered 12 lbs of N320 the other day from Grafs on 7/14. I'll let you know when that comes in.