Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 JM or PC?

bigdawgbeav

I bought the PC, only because I personally preferred the looks. I don't think there is any other reason to choose one over the other.

If your buying it to shoot USPSA, don't. The rule changes have made it mandatory to buy an 8 shot minor revolver.

I bought the 625PC, thinking the Performance Center quality would really be worth it. It wasn't. The action job wasn't great. The over travel stop wasn't even close. The cylinders were only slightly chamfered. However, I did think it looked cooler. If there is a big price difference I would save the money. By the time I bought the PC and had a gunsmith work on it, I thought, "why did I buy the PC?"

If you aren't partial to the looks, don't spend the money on the PC. Besides, the slightly heavier full lug JM helps.

Check out kygunco, they have screaming prices on both models.

I think if you want to be competitive in revolver division you should get an 8 shot revolver. But if you are dead set on a 625 I would get the 625 JM it is a little less money. You will have to do action work to both anyways to get a decent trigger pull. The cylinder on the 625 PC is shorter than the JM's so if you want a Ti cylinder go with the JM I don't think a Ti cylinder will fit in the PC gun. If you don't want a TI cylinder the PC's lighter cylinder may make for a better trigger pull, but I don't know for sure that it is going to make a real noticeable difference. Some people don't like the serrated trigger on the JM so that is something to consider. Other than the full under lug on the JM and the PC having a Blued Hammer and trigger there aren't any other differences I know about. With all that said I asked myself the same question and bought the 625JM