Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Switch Stock II from DA to SA

scottlep

I have a new Stock II on the way and I have a question. I am buying the gun to shoot in USPSA production, but I will also be using it to shoot some Steel Challenge matches too. What is involved if I want to convert the gun to single action only for Steel Challenge? Is it hard to switch the gun back and forth between DA and SA? This is my first Tanfo, so sorry of this is a stupid question or has been answered here before.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

To convert the pistol to SAO you'll want to change the trigger and remove the disconnector (or change the hammer altogether). How often do you expect to do this swap? Not only is it a real hassle, the more times you take out the trigger, the faster you'll destroy the roll pin holding it. Plus the trigger shape is totally different between the two so you might have issues switching back and forth.

Like sfinney says, if you start cocked and locked, you'll never know the difference.

Scott,

To convert the pistol to SAO you'll want to change the trigger and remove the disconnector (or change the hammer altogether). How often do you expect to do this swap? Not only is it a real hassle, the more times you take out the trigger, the faster you'll destroy the roll pin holding it. Plus the trigger shape is totally different between the two so you might have issues switching back and forth.

Like sfinney says, if you start cocked and locked, you'll never know the difference.

the mad scientist has spoken!

Shows you how little I know about the Tanfo I have coming. I assumed it was like a Beretta where if you engaged the safety on it acted as a decocker, thus the first shot could always only be DA.

Duh....well....it's not like you can walk into a local gun shop and fondle a Stock II to get familiar with it. I guess I better take the next few weeks to read more about the unicorn before it arrives.

Shows you how little I know about the Tanfo I have coming. I assumed it was like a Beretta where if you engaged the safety on it acted as a decocker, thus the first shot could always only be DA.

Duh....well....it's not like you can walk into a local gun shop and fondle a Stock II to get familiar with it. I guess I better take the next few weeks to read more about the unicorn before it arrives.

you will love it! its a great gun to shoot.

I can't wait to get it. Should be about 3 more weeks. I usually shoot 1911s and 2011s and maybe a Glock every once in a while. I recently sold off a few other guns and had the money burning a hole in my pocket when I stumbled across the Stock II for an extremely fair price including all Xtreme internals, etc. I won't say what I paid but it less than what I have seen stock-out-of-the-box Stock IIs sell for on gun broker, etc.

I can't wait to get it. Should be about 3 more weeks. I usually shoot 1911s and 2011s and maybe a Glock every once in a while. I recently sold off a few other guns and had the money burning a hole in my pocket when I stumbled across the Stock II for an extremely fair price including all Xtreme internals, etc. I won't say what I paid but it less than what I have seen stock-out-of-the-box Stock IIs sell for on gun broker, etc.

This is just the beginning. I started with 1 earlier this year and will have 4 at months end depending in delivery date. They're addictive

Sent from my flux capacitor

This is just the beginning. I started with 1 earlier this year and will have 4 at months end depending in delivery date. They're addictive

nice man. im the same way. i got a SF and 2 LF right now all 9mm. but i think im gonna give my father one of my LF. he loved it when he shot it!

Edited by Kahai808

nice man. im the same way. i got a SF and 2 LF right now all 9mm. but i think im gonna give my father one of my LF. he loved it when he shot it!

I know where you can get a great 9mm Stock 1 for the old man:-)

I shoot steel with my SP01 Shadow. I shoot it DA. Once you get accustomed to the trigger, you will not even notice the first DA pull, nor the transition to SA. It is truly a non-issue. But as has been said, cocked and locked works fine too.

I shoot steel with my SP01 Shadow. I shoot it DA. Once you get accustomed to the trigger, you will not even notice the first DA pull, nor the transition to SA. It is truly a non-issue. But as has been said, cocked and locked works fine too.

What he said. When I shoot my stock 2 in steel challenge its more to be on the range shooting, I use it as practice and have fun, don't get me wrong, I still want to win too! I always shoot first shot DA so that I get more practice, under the pressure of competition shooting that first shot in DA like you have to in Production.

Edited by CZinSC