Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will I be able to shoot an open gun faster?

rwagner24

Shooting a dot is a blast! you've got enough tech, info from these guys and I agree with them in general.

I shoot open during the summer and SS in the winter and spring with some open mixed in

Ya I can draw and shoot out to 7-8 yards as fast with anything BUT the open gun makes you think differently and react differently cause you know everyone is cranking.

Have fun with it and really focus hard on the target its what makes open faster, if you look at your dot you won't pick up near as much speed.

Your eyes will go back to the sights when you shoot a SS or limited gun. I did put green rods in my sights, I caught myself shooting at steel with just the rod (frt. sight) at the SS National's this year w/o putting it into the notch!!! the green helps me cue myself to do that.

Enjoy the ride in open

jcc7x7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

You will shoot much faster right out of the chute. Only problem is you will also generally shoot much slower than the rest of the Open shooters who have been doing it awhile. Everything happens much faster in open including misses like Foxbat said. Want a real eye opener? Plug some numbers in to classifier calculators in production and then do the same in Open. This will give you some idea of how much faster you NEED to go to score well.

Shot my Open Glock today for the 1st time at a local match. I was faster right out of the gate. It was much easier to pick up the dot as opposed to the sites. I came in 5th out of 6 in Open. And the guys that beat me smoked me. It's gonna take some getting used to, but I like it.