Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quest for the perfect trigger is OVER! Don't waste your money

YellowShooter

I was in the market for a custom trigger... I was in the market for a looooong time.

You name that trigger I probably tried it at some point or another. None I repeat, none worked.

I am not here to start a war, just to share my personal experience on what works and what didn't work for me.

Objective:

have my grock 34 trigger to feel like a nice AR15 trigger with 1/8" pre travel. I don't know how else to say it!

The 1/8" pre travel has to be smooth and clean, this is how I prep my trigger, it gives me a sense of owning it, I pre it it hit that SOLID wall and I know when and how to make it break, CONSISTENTLY, EVERY time.

Once that solid wall has been hit, it should feel like a Timney or a Hipefire 24C Trigger, its a clean, glass like feeling it just snap. The trigger is right at its breaking point apply the right amount of pressure and it will go off HOWEVER it is not gradual, at this point the trigger should have NO ADDITIONAL movement, as soon as my trigger finger reaches the required pressure the trigger break, the trigger should not creep or travel as the pressure on my finger increases!

Reset should be short and sweet and VERY TACTILE.

I have spend time and money to get that trigger! TO NO AVAIL... BUT after messing with all the "spare" parts I git I got the desired effect! is it perfect? No... but pretty darn freaking close! I am extra picky and super anal and I will criticize every minor flaws, but guys is is as close as I have ever gotten! trust me this setup is SWEET, and it DID NOT COST ME $250.

$250 seams to be the going rate for a so call fully custom trigger!

Parts List: (~$100)

- Vanek Custom housing ($40) is part is actually optional I don't even care for the over travel adjustment, I use it solely to reach that 1/8" pre travel, is stock pre travel is acceptable to you, skip that part.

- Zev Plunger ($30) pretty essential to get that smooth pre travel, the coating and the reduce plunger spring will give you that no resistance smooth pre travel pull

- Zev Reduce Power Striker ($5) In conjunction with all other parts this makes the break cleaner

- Glock Factory 4.5# connector ($20), don't go any lower if you want that solid wall with no additional trigger movement to reach the break. A 3# Glock or Zev race connector will give you some travel and creep prior to break! A 5.5# Glock connector is to heavy to this purpose and might induce wobbling prior to break and decrease accuracy.

Is it perfect? No BUT it sure as heck got me to almost where I want it to be!

Problems:

- I still have about 1/16" to 1/32" of traveling after the solid wall, its acceptable trust me.

- 4.5# Connector is still a bit heavy just a tad heavy, but I will trade that off any day vs a lighter connector with creep and travel!

- I wish I had the aluminum shoe like on a Zev trigger.

- I wish it had that TiNi Coating like the Pyramid trigger.

I hope this help some of you guys out there!

Great read, thanks... You know you can get a TiN coating applied, for around $15-20. And I feel like if you took the 4.5# connector and did a mirror polish on it, it would take you down ~.5-.75 lbs of pull...

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great read, thanks... You know you can get a TiN coating applied, for around $15-20. And I feel like if you took the 4.5# connector and did a mirror polish on it, it would take you down ~.5-.75 lbs of pull...

Hope that helps

Agree; Zev trigger pad is truly custom Glock part, (some day I'll get one) ;)

Well, smoothing out the 4.5 might and most certainly will change the fell of it I more then likely will loose that "no travel" after the stop.

And I will take a heavier trigger any day over a traveling "second stage" ANY DAY.

The TiNi coating is a thought I just don't know how it will feel after it coated. Tolerances are so loose on a glock I might get lucky lol.

Zev trigger... The only part that I like is the actual shoe LOL, I might bit the bullet and order a new ZEV trigger just to cannibalize the shoe!

I set them up the way the shooter wants them and your set up is very common for someone on a budget. Now if you change the angle on the nose it will be even better.

Hummm I don't know... I have spend thousands on so call custom triggers, at least by 6 different individuals

I never could get:

1. That pronounced of a solid wall.

2. No wiggle, movement after the stop.

3. Clean break.

No one has ever got it down to exactly how I have described it :(

When you mention the angle on the nose are you talking about the striker?

I don't know if it is just me, but I actually started shooting a little better when I went to a glock trigger with just a little bit of pre-break creep. It may just have been my margin of error for good day/bad day. I don't know.

I don't know if it is just me, but I actually started shooting a little better when I went to a glock trigger with just a little bit of pre-break creep. It may just have been my margin of error for good day/bad day. I don't know.

Well maybe this works for ya :)

But here is what I am thinking why have a 2 stages?!

That pre break creep is redundant when you have 1/4" pre travel.

When you are gone with the pre travel, I don't want any more creep at that point I should "own" that trigger any more force and "boom" it goes!

That's me tho ;)

Lightening the trigger pull weight seems to be first for most shooters. Pre-travel, and over-travel second. There is to much flex in a Glock to start with ;( Its plastic! You've spent THOUSANDS. :o I do believe your exaggerate

Lightening the trigger pull weight seems to be first for most shooters. Pre-travel, and over-travel second. There is to much flex in a Glock to start with ;( Its plastic! You've spent THOUSANDS. :o I do believe your exaggerate

It's easy to make a good Glock trigger. It's not easy to make all the safeties work. Sounded like mishmash of nonsense and a lack of understanding how Glocks work.

I should say over 1000, not thousandS.

It not that hard... They average 200+ each, buy 4 and you are in the money

Jade, you are right.

I look at my current setup and I think it's gonna go off

;)

Edited by YellowShooter

4X200=800; NOT a 1000. You have a Glock $550.00 and you'll spend another $800.00. :blink:

Really? Boom, I said an average lol.

I am not here to argue cost or what not.

All I am claiming is that with numerous attempt I was still not satisfied with what's out there and what people claim.

As I mentioned earlier. The way I have it currently setup is as close to what I would like to have for a trigger.

For the people that are bogged down on the "thousand" verbiage just replace it with "a relatively significant amount of monies"

You wouldn't believe what I have spend on that stupid G34 lol.

Most essential upgrade... Zev Ti pins... That 6% of the cost of the pistol

:)

Edited by YellowShooter

It's not advice to give to other people. You have a trigger you like. Bashed a few good products. Not sure all your safeties work.

It's not advice to give to other people. You have a trigger you like. Bashed a few good products. Not sure all your safeties work.

No...

I don't want this post to be mistaken.

It's not an advice, just to show my current setup.

It's not a matter of bashing other product, they just didn't work for me, at least not the way I want them to work.

Why wouldn't the safeties work?

All those product are stand alone items. I just like to use them as a combination.

Vanek will sell you his housing to adjust pre and post travel.

Zev Plunger and Striker Spring can also be used as stand alone. Plunger will ease the pre travel and the reduce striker spring can only give you a light strike.

Glock 4.5# is sold by glock and can come standard with the G34.

No mods as been made, how can the safeties be compromised?

Yellow; You have shared some good information and for that I say THANK YOU. There are ALLOT of members who do compete with way more experience than me, or you. I don't believe your search is OVER ;)

Yellow; You have shared some good information and for that I say THANK YOU. There are ALLOT of members who do compete with way more experience than me, or you. I don't believe your search is OVER ;)

Ahahah yeah... You are probably right!

I just got a little carried away cause this combo feels sweet felt like sharing :)

If anyone should have suggested that I would have save a lot of time, again this is not an instructional more like a personal experience.

The TiNi coating is a thought I just don't know how it will feel after it coated. Tolerances are so loose on a glock I might get lucky lol.

TiN coating done right should only add ~2 microns... The lubricious nature will definitely help... I'm considering getting some connectors done and changing nothing else, and seeing if it actually lightens the pull.

TiN coating done right should only add ~2 microns... The lubricious nature will definitely help... I'm considering getting some connectors done and changing nothing else, and seeing if it actually lightens the pull.

Man! I wanna try that now lol

You know someone online that do that?

Isn't it easier(cheaper) to get used to the trigger of the Glock, rather than trying to make the trigger of a Glock feel like something else?

You could... But you will put all those ppl that make custom trigger out of business!

If I am going to pay extra mulla for something, I want it exactly the way I want it lol.

Isn't it easier(cheaper) to get used to the trigger of the Glock, rather than trying to make the trigger of a Glock feel like something else?

You could... But you will put all those ppl that make custom trigger out of business!

If I am going to pay extra mulla for something, I want it exactly the way I want it lol.

I'll pm you

I'm glad you have something that works for you but your combo is not a one size fits all solution

I have tried half a dozen options in the past couple years too

I found the Zev Deluxe Kit is the lightest drop in unit available for my division (Production)

Since this trigger has a light rolling break, I learned a new way to shoot and am better off for it ---> faster and just as accurate

To anyone reading this thread, I caution you with the following advice -

Generally the people who take the time to learn a stock Glock trigger are better off for their time spent doing so

A year spent with one will accelerate your learning curve to master "trigger control" during high speed shooting

When you eventually put in a fancy aftermarket trigger you'll be able to make better use of the advantage it gives you

Don't get too wrapped up around the minutia of gear choices, find something that works and start shooting.