Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ss national rules questions

theogre

10 rounders are legal in the 9mm because they will still fit in the box. 45's are to fat to fit 10. I think 40 will allow 9 but they will be scored minor unless you only load 8 per mag.

almost, if you declare minor then you can load 9 in the 40 mags if you declare major and load 9 then I believe you go to open not a bump to minor.

A 10 round mag for minor in .40 will fit the box. Not sure if anyone produces a 10 round .40 mag that will fit but, the ones I have are made from 10 round .45 mags. The tube is cut and a new base plate welded on along with the back of the feed lips is cut and welded to a .40 spec.

Rich

10 rounders are legal in the 9mm because they will still fit in the box. 45's are to fat to fit 10. I think 40 will allow 9 but they will be scored minor unless you only load 8 per mag.

almost, if you declare minor then you can load 9 in the 40 mags if you declare major and load 9 then I believe you go to open not a bump to minor.

Correct. Only 8 rnds allowed if you declare major. Violations moves you to Open.

Edited by Parallax3D

• 2 weeks later...

My Tripp Cobra System mags in .40 will hold 10+1 rounds of 40 and fit in the box with my Single Stack SV's............I use the 45 hybrid follower instead of the metal follower so they only hold 9+1 which is no big deal as I shoot major so only 8+1 is loaded in them but if I put the regular follower back in them 10+1 is easily done and they fit in the box (IPSC and the USPSA boxes) as I have shot in Canada/IPSC and US Single Stack Nationals. So yes....it is possible.