Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I need a holster for 3 gun and USPSA for my Edge

Thanks! It looks like you used multiple washers at least on the bottom attachment on the holster. Is that correct? What about on the upper attachment? Did you have to get longer screws?

Thanks. I have some rubber or plastic spacers left over from some blade tech stuff that might work. If so, would only need one as they are quite thick.

Edited by bigarm

If you like how the gun clicks in and out of Bladetech holsters but don't like how the DOH angles the gun in towards your leg you might give the Ben Stoeger BOSS hanger a try. I got one of those hangers that I share between my Production and Single Stack rig, but don't see why you couldn't also use it for Limited/3-gun. The hanger holds the gun in a straight up-down position, and does not angle the muzzle in towards your leg. The hanger and bracket are pre-drilled for a wide range of height (which near as I can tell are legal for all the USPSA divisions). The offset comes from two spacers that fit over the screws that hold the holster's bracket to the hanger and is also adjustable for muzzle forward or rear cant, and no worries about meeting the 2" rule (I measured).

Bladetech WRS for 3 gun. I have one for my M&P 9L and one for 1911/Para. Never lost a pistol, even on nasty falls.

For USPSA, I use a Bladetech DOH for Production/SS and CR speed for Ltd/L10/Open.

Craig

i went ahead and got two holsters. bladetech DOH for uspsa, and WRS for 3 gun. to get good retention using the DOH you really need to crank it down which hinders the draw. but you don't want to be messing with the WRS hood while shooting Limited.

check out g-code for 3 gun. the one i tried seemed easier to get the gun out than the wrs, but not 100% sure they make for the edge. haven't tried anything from safariland yet.

At this point in time I will stay with one holster. I am going to order the thumb screws from Ben Stoeger so I can adjust the tension on the holster easier. I figure probably a little tighter for 3 gun and a little looser for USPSA. I am 61 years old with a surgically repaired knee so I am not going to be running blazing fast. I was more worried about how the CR holster would catch on things and pull the gun out. Hopefully this will help. Too bad it is a six week wait.

I had wanted to try a G-Code holster for my Edge. So, back in early March I placed an order for an XST holster for an "STI 2011 5.01 inch barrel". I finally got it last week and...it didn't fit my pistol. After playing phone tag with G-Code, I finally got a voice-mail back telling me that their holsters are only "dimensionally compatible" with 1911 spec guns. :blink: Apparently it never occurred to them that their description encompasses pistols with full length dust covers...

RMS issued. The holster will be dropped in the mail for return today. Oh, well. Guess I am sticking with the Blade-Tech WRS (whose 5" 2011 holster fits both Edges and Eagles).

• 3 weeks later...