Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rules

ducati

I have only participated in 4 matches in the last 2 years, major surgeries. The 4th was today. On my first stage we did the walk through, several had shot the stage, I was next, while others were pasting I wanted to see the targets from the required kneeling position. Man was I jumped, no individual walk through s. I explained I was next and had always done this, not anymore. I will not make that mistake again.

Yep. Do all that in the group walk through before the first shot on the stage. If an SO tries to hurry you and clear you off the stage before you've had a chance to look at each target from where it is to be engaged, whip out the rules and give 'em a smack down.

Agree with Craig about the stick, but those are the rules.

I'm no expert, from my reading of the rules, that would be fine during the group walkthrough, but not outside that.

"Other than the group walkthrough, no individual walkthroughs are permitted. Individual walkthroughs include walking the path of fire or assuming the shooting positions to check cover positions or target engagement, order, etc."

...and there's that wonderful "etc" again in the rules.

Nature of the games. Some participants seem especially predisposed to make certain any transgression is dealt with guilt and humiliation.

Funny how many of the same authorities can't accept when they get a procedural for cover or any subjective call as they couldn't possibly be guilty of any rule breech.

Everyone takes 3 or 4 walk throughs after the group one......it's called pasting targets ;).

^ This.

If I know I'm in the hole, I'll pay extra attention to the shots from cover, the weight on any prop I may have to run with or where I may need to round dump. All while pasting targets or resetting a stage of course. =)