Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best observed accuracy in various Glocks?

polymerfeelsweirdman

It seems a lot of people rag on the Glock for poor accuracy, but I have come to believe that Glocks can be pretty accurate even in stock form. I am just curious what are the best groups or other accuracy metric for any type of Glock that you have seen.

Some things I have noticed are vertical stringing and hand chambered round inaccuracy.

Edited by polymerfeelsweirdman

It seems a lot of people rag on the Glock for poor accuracy, but I have come to believe that Glocks can be pretty accurate even in stock form. I am just curious what are the best groups or other accuracy metric for any type of Glock that you have seen.

Some things I have noticed are vertical stringing and hand chambered round inaccuracy.

Ya know.\, I've never thought of my Glock 19 as an accuracy (tack driver) tool but as a self defense tool. To that end I practice with it at 15 yards and, at that range range and running between 0.5 sec and 1 sec cadence, I keep 100 rounds in a 4 inch (center mass) group. And yes, save the changing of the Glock sights to Trigicon night sights, my Glock 19 is, in all other respects, stock. I do also use it in IDPA and hold my own out to 35 yards.

That horizontal stringing is probably a by-product of the half-inch long trigger press. (Not insulting the shooter; it's just not a Gold Cup trigger.) The side-to-side fit of a Glock barrel is typically much better than its up-and-down fitment.

• 3 weeks later...

This is typically what happens to me:

30grRedDot_zpsa29e1ce3.jpg

Always seems to be one shot that ruins it.

Have you tried not counting the first hand chambered round or intentionally missing it into a safe backstop? I started trying this and I think it helped.

I have occasionally seen group improvements by firing the first round off target but that is not always possible.

This is typically what happens to me:

30grRedDot_zpsa29e1ce3.jpg

Always seems to be one shot that ruins it.

Have you tried not counting the first hand chambered round or intentionally missing it into a safe backstop? I started trying this and I think it helped.

I haven't. I don't know if that was the first shot or not, I was intentionally not looking at the target while testing a bunch of reloads so its hard to say what shot it was.

What's the diameter of that inner circle? Looks like a dang good grouping!

Its an NRA D1 target, so 4". Thank you.