Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Class

blackdragon

A buddy of mine and I had a discussion regarding the 10 round maximum in the magazine for production class. He is of the opinon that it should be eliminated due to the fall of the AWB. And you should be able to load to the capacity that the pistol was designed for. What do you guys think?

Please no. Not again. Do we want production to become a division where you have to buy the gun that holds most rounds to compete? The SP-01 is reported to fit 19rd of 9mm. Do you really think that your 13rd or 15rd wonder 9 will still be competitive? We don't need another gear race. Plus it is more fun. If you want to shoot forever without reloading, shoot limited or open. Argh ..

Vlad

Good god, NO.

Eliminating the 10rd limit would make capacity the major determinant of a pistol's competitiveness. Anything that can't match the Glock's 17rds would be shelved, as would literally all .40 guns.

Production isn't supposed to have an equipment race. Allowing hicaps would give it one.

Ivan,

We've played ping-pong with this very issue here on the forum a bunch before and after the AWB sunset. I see both sides of the issue, but I really do like how the 10 round limit nullifies at least part of the equipment race in Production. USPSA cannot survive without a "come as you are" division.

Well since I kicked the hornest nest yesterday, why not today?

Production needs to keep the 10 round magazine limit. This allows any caliber of 9mm and above to be used effectively, and opens a varity of gun models to the game.

Upping the scoring to Major, while keeping the PF at minor would only allow more "spray and pray" and take one of the DVC elements away again, accuracy. In addition I don't think the computer program would allow such a feature.

As it is now, you can shoot as fast as you want, but if you drift out of the A zone too much you take a beating. Fast and accurate, smells like victory :P

Not by my vote, no way, no how.

Gary