Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Took the SP01 shadow plunge, mag info?

mike g35

I like the cz nickel mags and got the Stoeger aluminum base pads too.

They make an awesome combo.

Where do you find the nickel mags?

CZ Custom has them from time to time...

800cznickel_0240_zpsb268036d.jpg

http://czcustom.com/cz759mm17rdmagplated.aspx Looks they are in stock in single packs

http://czcustom.com/cz759mm17rdmagplated5pk.aspx Five Packs Currently out of Stock.

Will the Stoeger or Springer Precision basepads fit on these? And if they do are they still production legal?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am using factory mags with Springer Precision base pads. http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=251&categoryId=42

It just runs. Not sure what else to say...

Any issues with making weight or fitting the box? My Accu-shadow is in the queue, so I'm starting to accumulate all the other stuff I'll need once its done.

So I have the Target not the Accu but the weight is supposed to be the same (42oz) according to the list.

Mine fits the box and weights 41.6oz. So you should be GTG!

Edited by StraightUp_OG

I am using factory mags with Springer Precision base pads. http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=251&categoryId=42

It just runs. Not sure what else to say...

Any issues with making weight or fitting the box? My Accu-shadow is in the queue, so I'm starting to accumulate all the other stuff I'll need once its done.

just don't get the 19rd MecGar's and you'll be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There is also pretty significant difference in the design of the CZC 18 rounders and the MecGar/CZC 17 rounders.
The 17 rounders have a little tongue that comes up just in below the nose of the top round. Since the 18 rounders don't have this I have found that occasionally the round below the top round can work it's way out and cause the mag to not drop. I have noticed this only in dry fire practice where I am doing a lot of manipulation with the same few mags. I can post pictures in a bit.

post-5345-0-06966000-1402793832.jpg

These are what I am running now. I liked the additional length of the 18 rounders for more grip surface but prefered the other features of the 17 rounders so I picked up some Springer base pads.
post-5345-0-01209700-1402056581.jpg
Edited by alma

Nope. For some reason I rust things when I touch them. The sp01's were the worst....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No joke...living in the humid south doesn't help either. I keep steel wool in my range bag and use it quite often. Been thinking of making a switch to the nickels

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

I guess CO dry weather and the copious amounts

Of silicone I use helps!

The factory mag finish is garbage though, I've ran 2 matches and a practice and it's all worn. The Mec Gar finish is a lot better

@ Alma

Thanks for the images. That is a compelling performance advantage. Although I have not experienced the hang up I can see how that could happen.

Well crap, once again this site has great info but causes you to spend money.....

Off to order some base pads from SP now.…

I should also mention that reports on the 18 rounders is that they have weak springs and you should order the plus 10% springs from CZC in you run them but I haven't had problems running them stock.

The springs on the 17 rounders should be good to go.

There is also pretty significant difference in the design of the CZC 18 rounders and the MecGar/CZC 17 rounders.

The 17 rounders have a little tongue that comes up just in below the nose of the top round. Since the 18 rounders don't have this I have found that occasionally the round below the top round can work it's way out and cause the mag to not drop. I have noticed this only in dry fire practice where I am doing a lot of manipulation with the same few mags. I can post pictures in a bit.

These are what I am running now. I liked the additional length of the 18 rounders for more grip surface but prefered the other features of the 17 rounders so I picked up some Springer base pads.

Well, that just made up my mind. Thanks!!

The ones in the pic on top are factory 18rd mags, the Mecs are 17rd.

If you get the Springer base pads it will make the Mecs the same size as the factory mags (but they do not increase capacity) So the overall mag length will be the same as the factory overall length

Edited by Vanniek71

Well, that just made up my mind. Thanks!!

Alma which Springer basepads did you buy?

I'm pretty sure the nickel played mags are Mec Gar mfg so the same pads linked above are what you will need

These are the new 17 round CZC magazines but the 17 round MecGar sized SP basepads fit on them just fine. It's a safe bet that CZC had MecGar make those mags for them as they look identical to me even down to the Blue follower.

Oh, I will warn that I don't know the weight on them yet. I have been meaning to check that to ensure I don't add more than 2 Oz overall on Production set up.

alma, it looks like it but are all of your mags 9MM marked? I know on the CZC site it says they can be 9 or 40 marked, not sure if I would want the 40 marked ones even though the site says they are the same.

Oh, I will warn that I don't know the weight on them yet. I have been meaning to check that to ensure I don't add more than 2 Oz overall on Production set up.

alma, it looks like it but are all of your mags 9MM marked? I know on the CZC site it says they can be 9 or 40 marked, not sure if I would want the 40 marked ones even though the site says they are the same.

witnessed marked on one side as 9mm, the other side as 40SW. same mag,

witnessed marked on one side as 9mm, the other side as 40SW. same mag,

Gotcha, so they are all marked that way then?