Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock DVDs

Clay1

I see that Lenny Magill puts out a bunch of videos on Glocks and wanted some comments on them. The three that I am interested in are the Complete Glock, Glock Magic and Customizing Your Glock. I'm sure that there has to be some overlap of the material in them. For those of you who have seen them, I would like to hear some comments. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the Massod Ayoob Stress Fire video series from Magill's company. It took weeks to get them and they werent out of stock. Every time I called about the status of my order I got the run around from customer service. I don't know about the Glock videos but I know I won't order from him again.

Bluntly, I ordered Glock Magic and Customizing Your Glock. Neither one I could recomend. I bought them for $12 each off of Ebay. For those prices there were OK to watch to scratch the DVD itch. If I paid the $30 each for them I wouldn't have been happy.

You could be right about the Disco music in the back ground. This is a touchy subject right now given the disaray in the IDPA camp over the new rules. But Lenny does have some Wilson Combat DVDs available with Bill Wilson and Hackathorn in them that actually look pretty good. Until the IDPA thing settles down, let's just say in a nice way that I will put off on those decisions to invest in any product that Bill is associated with for now. Was that pretty politically correct or what. I'm trying to cut the guy some slack because I am hoping for good news this week with the updated comments out of HQ.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd check out Matt B's video's first. They are organized really well and the difference in quality compared to the Lenny M stuff is pretty noticable. I've only seen three of the Lenny M videos and all but one was a dissappointment. He has his own unique "style" that can get on my nerves a bit.....but maybe that's just me? I almost feel that books just make more sense than most videos as they are handy more often than not, easier to reference and you don't need to monopolize the T.V. to get something out of them.

Just my .02cents.

Rockclimbg

I agree, the Lenny McGill DVDs are sensationalized with less meat in them than Matt Burkett's DVDs.

yup. same here. i'm not based in the USA so please pardon this question:

anybody knows the background of lenny m? his claim to fame?

anybody knows the background of lenny m? his claim to fame?

+1 for that question.

My significant other keeps asking me that everytime she's within earshot of the T.V.

On a side note...one of the video's had some good stuff with BE talking and explaining things.....like I said....one of them was not a disappointment.

I'm not on the Bill Wilson band wagon these days after the holster rule changes, but L.M. had Bill on a couple of tapes. Some of them might be worth watching but the two that I own, let me just say that I am glad that I bought them off of Ebay and didn't pay close to full price.

Precision 40, this is THEE book on Glocks right now:

Books

Complete Glock Reference Guide

"PTOOMA Productions LLC of Spokane Washington has assembled a group of the finest Glock certified advanced Armorers, former high-ranking Glock Employees, and leaders of the Glock parts and accessories industry to produce "The Complete Glock Reference Guide". Subjects include extensive coverage of Glock history, assembly/disassembly, maintenance, customization, parts interchangeability, and everything else you ever wanted or needed to know about your Glock handgun."

It's available from Lone Wolf and other's for around $30. Here's a link to consider:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.asp?prod=13

Patrick Sweeney wrote a book on Glocks which I've been wanting to buy for a while. Brownells has it for under $30.

Does anyone have this book? Does it get into how each part works with the next?

I've read it. It's a great book. I highly recommend it. And yes, it deals extensively with exactly how the Glock works.

1111_image1.gifsorry to hijack but I would like to see Exploding Varmints

Caution: contains hundreds of actual shootings of prairie dogs exploding into pieces - not for animal lovers!

I've actually seen this one. It's a good "at home drinkin' with the boys" video (as is Lenny Magill's "Rock & Roll #3 - Sexy Girls and Sexy Guns"). :lol:

-Chet