Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dyekem how to apply?

dvc4you

Some people must dip them as I see the odd 38sup case that is about 1/4 stained on the bottom. Dykem makes markers as well but then again, so does sharpie for a fraction of the cost.

Dyekem spray paint. I put my 38sc brass into a 223 box then spray the ends. The length of the 223 box keeps the Dyekem on the bottoms only and it is a pretty quick process.

I load 300 at a time, I put the clean, unprimed brass in the factory 50 round holders stamps to the top, so I can verify that all are the same (38 SuperComp), got the brush from the Dykem bottle a bit wet and brush 25 at a time, repeat until all have a nice red coat on the stamp. Let them dry for a couple of hours (I know not needed for that long) and dump on the brass thingy on the 650.

When bullets are loaded I put th back on the 50 factory holders yo make sure all primers are there and there is not any 'obvious blemish' before putting the bullets in the 100 round cases.

Probably not the fastest way but allows me to double check the brass before and after reload.

Easy to pick at the range too. Been doing that for a few years with no issues.

• 3 weeks later...

Load them all, chamber check, then place loaded rounds into a plastic 9mm ammo tray. Spray multiple trays at once. Empty sprayed rounds into cardboard box, shake it around and let the dye dry off. Good in about 5 minutes.